father son valle vidal success

R

ricalfredoleon

LAST EDITED ON Sep-29-09 AT 07:52PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-29-09 AT 07:44?PM (MST)
1st day bull(son)
4ac2b7771682abc6.jpg

We were in the bulls every day. I shot mine on the first evening of the second archery hunt. My dad arrowed his the second to the last day. I have read a alot of negative comments on the poor quality of the hunting in valle vidal lately. i live relativly close to the unit and camped up there for the 7 days of our hunt. the other hunters i talked to in camp said they were in the bulls also just not the ones they were looking for. after i arrowed my bull we got on a bigger bull the following day that would have easily scored 370!!!! the one that got away is always the biggest one you ever see.( i know that is what all hunters say) this truely was a monster. we had an amazing hunt. We did just that... HUNTED!!! we hunted our A$$'s off and experienced rain,sleet and even snow. we counted over 25 bulls that we got our eyes on. countless more let us know they were there...bugles everywhere. I know the bulls were quiet until that first day of our hunt after it rained until 3:00pm. the rain let up and the bulls woke up. aA hunt is what you make of it and the success of a hunt shouldnt be messured in inches or points but in the memories that you creat. the monster that got arrowed or that is still up there bugling is just the icing on the cake. i have to thank my dad and my buddy and his canadian tuxedo for following me all over those hills. second to last day bull(father)
4ac2b948271c25e4.jpg

Very nice Bulls that were worked for and hunted like every animal should be taken. Good Job guys! Too bad I missed out on this one but I will be there next time!

Cardo - Great job bud! Finally I get to see the Leon bulls, awesome looking bulls. Like I told you earlier this week we're headed up for the muzz hunt this weekend. I'll be looking for the big boy you chased. Hopefully we'll get a chance at him, hell at least see him!! We'll more than likely head where you suggested, I've gotta check out my lil honeyholes also.

Tom

Congrats to you and your father! always going to be a good memory for the two of you to share.

...you guys must have poached those things. Based on what I've been reading lately, there aren't any good bulls left in Vidal... ;-)

Way cool.

Congrats Ricardo! It was good to talk with you in the campground. We were coming off of the Mt. on the 6th day and saw you guys pulling out. We didn't realize that your dad had success that morning!!

Pretty awesome! You guys definitely know what your doing unlike us KS boys:)

Matt

Cardo, this is Pat. Good to see you post here. I am glad that you and your Dad did so well. Like I said, when i hunted there 5 years ago it was the same story, many complained that the quality and quantity was not what they expected but it was a dream hunt for us with lots of bulls. Makes me wonder what those guys would say about hunting unit 53 archery in comparison...
Keep in touch. Pat S.

OK first off I'm jealous looks like you and your father had a great hunt...second, what the hell is a canadian tuxedo? it sounds like something youd find in north dakota or minnesota.

you will definatly find canadian tuxedos up north in minnisota and in the dakotas but also a few in northeren NM. the tux consists of nothing but denim(cow boy hat is optional). my good hunting buddy will wear nothing less than his tux. suprisingly we get into the animals. me decked out in full cammo and him in his tux! he usualy hangs back to do the calling.

Sounds like a great hunt...congrats!!

I totally agree with your comments also. I've been hearing a lot of complaining about elk hunting lately, but my experiences have been different from those. I don't know what I'm doing that is so different, but over the last 10 years or so, every time I've gone into the field looking for elk I've had no problems finding them. Of course, you're not going to find 350"+ bulls every day, but there are no shortages of elk where I've been.

I'm of the opinion that we are currently living in "the good old days" of elk hunting.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom