Father Time (Nate Simmons)

Hondoarcher

This is a great video about the reason why we hunt. It features his father on his last elk hunt. It is a must see.

Great video. For those of us getting up there in age we can appreciate it as it relates to our own life experiences. My time hunting with my sons and friends is now very precious. Thanks you for posting.

Great video, it brought back some great memories of my Dad and our last hunt with my two boys. I miss him a lot.

Awesome video & great tribute to his Father.

My Dad?s days of elk hunting are now over but luckily he drew a great Utah elk tag a few years ago & my brother & I were able to spend every minute of the hunt with him as he took the best bull of his life. Pretty special!!

I agree Russ!
Nate's heart and soul are always on display and everything he produces is exactly the way I think hunting should be. His Dad had to be a great man because he was able to pass on a heritage that will hopefully never end. My days hunting with my son are the best of my life and my hunting memories with my Dad are my best memories of him.

Outstanding video,
Thanks for sharing.

Perhaps the single greatest hunt show I've ever watched. Nate hoofing a bull by himself. A payback I'm sure for all the times his dad packed the heavy loads for his son.

What a beautiful way for a son to express his love.

I actually sat here speechless with tears streaming down my face for quite some time.

Simply perfection on film!!

From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

What a great video and tribute to his father. My son watched the video and cried realizing that his time to hunt the mountains with me is short, Father time will not allow me many more years to hunt elk horseback in the high Country. Hopefully a few more years.

One of the best hunting videos I have seen. I had a late elk hunt in Arizona last year. It was the most physically challenging hunt I have been on. There is some rough country infested with oak brush in AZ.

Great video. I really enjoyed it. I can't help but think they picked some pretty rough terrain for his dad's age. I'm older than his dad was in the video and hunt solo, but don't hunt terrain that hard anymore.

I'm nit picking though. It did show the bond he had with his dad and the struggle of elk hunting. Good stuff.

Thanks for sharing. Its funny I may not be the riches guy $$ in the world. But I know several of them that would trade their left one and cash for the relation I have with my boy. Our hunting adventures over the years are priceless. Kind of why I hate seeing a lot of hunting becoming more and more of a rich mans game. I think of all the kids that are missing out...

The Western Hunter is hands down the best hunting show on tv. It is one of the only shows out there that focuses on the experience rather than the size of the animal. Nate seems to pull great animals out of amazing places and is the best story teller in my opinion. All public land sweat equity, great video Nate.

>Thanks for sharing. Its funny I
>may not be the riches
>guy $$ in the world.
>But I know several of
>them that would trade their
>left one and cash for
>the relation I have with
>my boy. Our hunting adventures
>over the years are priceless.
>Kind of why I hate
>seeing a lot of hunting
>becoming more and more of
>a rich mans game. I
>think of all the kids
>that are missing out...

Great post, I too have a great relationship with my two boy's and awesome hunting adventures...

Nate Simmons puts out some of the best stuff made.

I would rather watch his videos then any other ?celebrities? of today.

I lost my dad in 1989 and a year later to the very day, I killed a bighorn ram in Colorado.

I lost my son, Zac, on June 17, 2017. He was in the mountains doing what he loved, almost. That was just 6 days after Nate lost his dad.

I miss them both every single day but I'm happy for the memories on the mountain and much much more!

I thank God every day that I have daughters who like to spend time on the mountain with me still.

Zeke

#livelikezac

Great stuff.
Seems like nates ole man sat in a base camp with a buddy hanging out tending horses waiting for Nate to kill. Then getting the pack string ready to get it off the mountain. I think my ole man would have done the same. Great to have someone to depend on no matter what.
That is what Nates dad seemed to be to him.

Amazing video and a hard pill to swallow losing a hunting partner like that.

Watching that video put a lump in my throat knowing that my dad's hunting days with me are coming to an end. He's 70, and slowing down quite a bit. Still has a big heart for hunting.

This video got me thinking about putting together a video for my dad as well. I have 34 years of hunting memories with my dad (started hunting when I was 6). That will be a tough day for me when he moves on.

Thanks for sharing. This is what hunting is all about.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom