Favorite city you've lived in?

P

patience

Getting a little home sick i guess. I was thinking about it today and it came to me that Boise, ID is by far the best city i've ever lived in and cant imagine ever leaving again after i get home in April.

All 4 seasons, tons of trees, desert south, forest north, friendliest people, beautiful city center, good beer, food and music, great entertainment, a mecca of outdoor activities to do all year. so many things i could keep writing about. did i mention the Boise State Broncos football team?

What's the best town/city you've lived in?

Al-Khobar - Saudi Arabia
Doha, Qatar

Justin

- Long-Range, The next best thing to being there !!!!

Better question might be: Where is the best City you've visited? I've lived in Cedar City, Ut. all my life and love it. But I'll give you a list of places I think are really cool. ( in no particular order).

Vancouver BC, Missoula MT, New Orleans LA, Raliegh NC, Idaho Falls ID. Never been to Boise, but I've heard it's really cool.

RUS

Palisade, Colorado is pretty good. Only a cross walk light, no stop lights. Grand Junction is close enough and I live on the edge of BLM. Grew up in Fort Collins, CO which WAS a pretty cool town until it got too big.

The best year and a half of my life were spent living on a 32 foot sloop with two of my closest high school buddies. We sailed that Ferro Cement boat from Maryland to the Bahamas and hung out there for a good while. We traded for our alcohol and diesel fuel by spearing fish and lobster. Got to get those slides digitized some day.

BeanMan

i dont know if i have a fav. i have been from boston to california to minnesota and south florida. i really like colorado. i have worked in denver (hate big cities) but loved the mountains. i hunted elk once around pagosa springs,co. and frally liked the area. i still havent been to wy. mo. wa.or. id. so i cant say if i like them. but some day i will go there. i am from south louisiana and now live in middle tennessee. its a nice area but i dont know if i want to stay here.

Never ever go to Kanab, Ut. It sucks, I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would live there!!! <big ole smile>

RUS

I have lived in Eureka CA all my life but the one place I would love to pull up stake and move to is any where in the Bitterroot valley MT.

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

tortuga, Costa Rica. all of Costa Rica for that matter. Pura Vida!!

But i would take a Cascade Montana, Lewistown Montana, and good ole Wenatchee Valley

Ive been everwhere man, I've been every where man.
Across the desert bare man! I breath the mountain air man.
Of travel I've had my share man. I've been every where!
I know some places you haven't been.
Nothing like the Rocky Mountain West.

Been Lucky I have lived in MT, ID, NV, AK, WA, UT, and the Yukon, Loved em all.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-07 AT 10:44PM (MST)[p].
>
>
>Vancouver BC, Missoula MT, New Orleans
>LA, Raliegh NC, Idaho Falls
>ID. Never been to Boise,
>but I've heard it's really
>cool.
>
>RUS

Idaho Falls?? Spent the night there last fall on my way to Wyoming for a Antelope hunt. No Thank You.

Boise is the place to be in Idaho. But don't get any ideas and move here it's already a rat race. There are too many people. Just kidding.... Although,we do have the best college football team in the NW.

I like Cody Wyoming and Las Vegas Nevada.(Never lived in either place just visited).

WAhunter - I hunted just outside of Lewistown MT a few yrs ago for muleys and antelope. The town was Winifred. Really cool place!

I love the town I live in...Molalla Oregon, home of the world known "Molalla Buckaroo" Actually I live 3 miles North in Mulino...population 8.

muleyman

I have only lived in one town, Cody Wyoming, but have traveled quite a bit and seen some really cool towns. I love it here in Cody though it is home I guess.

Sandpoint Idaho.,would be great......Or I'll just have to move back to Price Utah........RIMROCK

I really love where I live now, but my other favorite place was Cedar City, Utah. I was there before it got so big, Russ. I worked at the Golden Corral for 5 years (before it closed down) and KB Express and Brad's Slut Hut were my other favorite places. If I had to move anywhere else, I'd pick Cedar City. Loved that place. So did Roy. His wife is from there, BTW.

That's where I got my start in radio, too. I was the news lady on Art Challis' stations before he sold them to KSUB.(and whatever media group owns them now) I sat through the Kelvin Orton rape trial, went on a few drug busts with the police, and left just about the time Chief Miller got pulled over for DUI (so glad I didn't have to report on that one, he was my buddy).

Have some coconut shrimp up at Rusty's Ranchhouse for me, would ya? I sure do miss that restaurant.

Born and raised in NO. CALIF. so can't say that I have lived in too many cities other than Indianapolis while attending school in the Army. Been to a lot of places for visits and out side of that the only CITY I have lived in other than in IN. would be Saigon, Vietnam.
Favorite not but had a lot of good times there.

Now town is a different thing, really like Flagstaff, AZ not too hot and has the cold weather in winter.

Brian

I live just outside Vancouver BC and spend any free time trying to get the he^^ out. Favorite place I've stayed is Cassiar BC. The only locals are sheep, goat, moose, cariboo, and bears.

If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

I was born and raised in the blessed Uintah Basin - Ashley Valley to be precise and it was a great place to grow up. I would love to live there again, but there's not much of a chance of that.

I then lived in Miami, FL - actually about 7 different parts of Dade County. I would never want to raise a family there. NEVER. Though, it is a nice place to visit.

I then lived in Cedar City, UT - loved it. My in-laws are from there and we would love to get back there maybe someday, again though the chances are small - there's really only one job there, so maybe.

Then we lived in Midvale, UT. It sucked. The first month we were there - there was a drive by shooting with major injuries. almost a fatality across the street from our duplex. Then, behind our house about one month later, there was another. They were not related to each other nor gang-related at all, though the perpetrators of the first one were bangers. The second was just some drunk idiot at a party. Not a very good neighborhood overall. SLC wasn't bad but there was just a lot of signs that told me to get the heck out of Utah for a while.

Now, we live in Round Rock, TX. It is just outside of Austin, where I work and study at UT Austin. We like it a lot, but it is not home, I miss the mountains a lot.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I've lived in the same small town my whole life..Magrath Alberta..but when thay tried to put up that pedestrian crosswalk light I said to the wife that it was time we got out of town and moved to the country.....I like my own space...

Boise is by far the best place I've lived, for all of the reasons previously listed. I do miss having easy access to the ocean though. Grew up in Stockton Ca., 2 hours from the ocean. Then Jr. High through High School in Southern Ca. (Santa Fe Springs), 30 minutes from the ocean.

I think if we left here it would be to the Puget Sound area, Beautiful country, awesome fishing, and the chance to draw a decent tag every once in a while.

TripleK, You worked at Brads? You wasn't there between '97 to '99 was you? Gulp. Whats your name again?

>TripleK, You worked at Brads? You
>wasn't there between '97 to
>'99 was you? Gulp. Whats
>your name again?

ROFL...never worked at Brad's! Don't fret. Just ate lunch there alot w/my friends. And, I was married in 96'. AND...I was never a slut. ;-)

I live in Kenai, Alaska but I work and sleep in Eureka, CA. Does that make sense?

My favorite color is gray! NOT But that's all you get in Eureka!

Eel

San Pedro town, Ambergris Caye, Belize. My apartment was on the beach pictured. Caught fish every day, lobster all the time, met Brooke Burke.
spraerial.jpg

Andy

Grew up in Blackfoot, lived in Driggs a couple years now live in the SLC area, 11 miles from Snowbird, just got home from skiing 16" of freshies. It isn't that bad here,could be worse, like anywhere in Texas. I miss BF, aint that nice of a town but awsome flyfishing, waterfowl, upland and big game just a hop skip and a jump away.

>>TripleK, You worked at Brads? You
>>wasn't there between '97 to
>>'99 was you? Gulp. Whats
>>your name again?
>
>ROFL...never worked at Brad's! Don't fret.
>Just ate lunch there alot
>w/my friends. And, I
>was married in 96'.
>AND...I was never a slut.
>;-)

I'll tell you her name, since she has told everyone my name.

Better yet, I'll give you her number. Her number is 867-5309...

Ha Ha...

West side Altamont Utah, The coors light is cold, the atv tune ups are regular and the Nomad bucks genetics are running wild through the basin. Might catch a bobcat sighting too. With that said Darby, Mt. South end of the bitter root is truly Gods county..

One of my best friends lives in Soldona, I ask him how far he lived from the river? He said it's a way's, about two blocks. He sent me some pictures of some "Kings" he had to throw back cause they were too small. (35 lbs) I guess they set daily limits on size based on how the run is going. Anyway, I hate my best friend. Should be me faced with these hard decisions.

RUS

smokepolejohnson
My Father-in-law lives in Darby MT.I have had the good luck to go up there a time or two.I cant decide if I would live there or some where in the Big Hole Valley like Wisdom or Jackson.

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

>>>TripleK, You worked at Brads? You
>>>wasn't there between '97 to
>>>'99 was you? Gulp. Whats
>>>your name again?
>>
>>ROFL...never worked at Brad's! Don't fret.
>>Just ate lunch there alot
>>w/my friends. And, I
>>was married in 96'.
>>AND...I was never a slut.
>>;-)
>
>I'll tell you her name, since
>she has told everyone my
>name.
>
>Better yet, I'll give you her
>number. Her number is 867-5309...
>
>
>Ha Ha...

Didn't realize you could look under someones profile and find out their name. All this time I've been wondering how TripleK knew my name?

867-5309 is a harmless song sung by Tommy Tutone back in the early 80's...... 8675309 Jenny.. Just thought I should clarify.

I've lived all over too; kinda happens when you do time.

My favorite is Saguache, Colorado.

MIdway Utah no grocery store no bank very few cars and lots of open space and a walk in the park is in the mountains.

>
>Didn't realize you could look under
>someones profile and find out
>their name. All this time
>I've been wondering how TripleK
>knew my name?
>
>867-5309 is a harmless song sung
>by Tommy Tutone back in
>the early 80's...... 8675309 Jenny..
>Just thought I should clarify.
>

LOL You dork! I never looked on your profile..I just knew your name. ;-) And I totally got the Tommy Tutone song...no need for explaination there. LOL Oh and BTW...don't call me Jenny unless you want your butt kicked. Jenn or Jennifer is fine...but never Jenny. (it's my mother's fault...she started this "She's NOT Jenny" thing in 1st grade) lol

Ive been to Doha, Qatar! Was able to drink beer there!:)
ismith

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ anonymous

Flagstaff AZ, Gypsum CO, Bloomfield NM, Salmon ID, Connor MT, and Alturas, CA.

I had a buddy who lived in Gypsum, he was a coach at the high school (just left a couple of years ago). It's a pretty town, but he lived just off the interstate. That was the one drawback of his property, I thought. He had a nice home near the river, but also a lovely view of the interstate. The other side of that town is beautiful though.

I'll second Flagstaff, Arizona. Lived in Vegas in the early 1980's, single then, liked it a lot;)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom