Favorite Hunting Quotes

"Big bangs don't make this... That's not a big bang. God made that. That's a liver. That's mystical. You and I can't make livers. Things banging don't make livers. This is mystical stuff. This is magic. This is perfection." ~Uncle Ted

LAST EDITED ON Oct-16-12 AT 06:28AM (MST)[p]I just added one to My Signature!:D:D:D

Hello Mr. Wisz,This is the UDWR Calling....LMMFAO!
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

" If God did not intend
that man should kill animals,
He would have made broccoli
more fun to shoot!"

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

"Chute 'em........ Chute 'em!!"

Not really a hunting quote but it makes me proud to live in the West.

I ain't never seen 'em, but my common sense tells me the Andes is foothills, and the Alps is for children to climb! Keep good care of your hair! These here is God's finest sculpturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here! And there ain't no priests excepting the birds. By God, I are a mountain man, and I'll live 'til an arrow or a bullet finds me. And then I'll leave my bones on this great map of the magnificent . . .

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-16-12 AT 12:06PM (MST)[p]Bear Claw: Can you skin Grizz?
Jeremiah: I can skin'em as fast as you can catch'em.

Bear Claw runs through the cabin with a massive Grizzly close behind him and jumps out the back window.

Bear Claw: Skin that one greenhorn and I'll get you another!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Two deer are feeding in a field, a shot rings out, one deer ask the other whats that sound? The other deer says thats the sound of your'e body hitting the ground.

Jeff Foxworthy, the incomplete deer hunter 3

Game warden ask what state did you kill this deer in? Hunter says well actually he was in the state of confussion when I killed him.

Jeff Foxworthy, the incomplete deer hunter 3

Whack'em and stack'em

Kill'em and grill'em

Romans 10:13
THE LORD IS MY ROCK
NRA LIFE MEMBER
marines.jpg

fox14.gif

Meat's not meat till it's in the pan---Charles Russell

They can have my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hands!

"(speaking of liver) If it ain't got no bones it's guts, and I don't eat no GUTS!"

Pretty Funny... but, i like fried Deer Heart. Liver? Not so much. If fact, i hate deer Liver so my contribution to this thread is:

Almost everyone who likes Liver says, "You don't like Deer Liver? Well you never had it the way i cook it! You'll love it the way i fix it!!

My usual response, " Ah, want to bet on that? :) lol

Joey

It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

If there's lead in the air.. there's hope!!

We ain't huntin' the Henrys, so thats a damn nice buck!!

Kevin

"There is no problem on the earth, that cannot be solved with the proper application of gunpowder"

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

If your not having fun, your not using enough dynamite!

Nothing a 300 ultra mag can't fix, as the buck is runnin a quarter mile away.

Lastly, guns don't kill people, husbands who come home from work early do!

From hunting with my grandpa years ago: "You go ahead and walk down this ridge and I'll drive down and pick you up." I would find him 5 miles later.

"got a nice meat buck"

"got a damn nice 2 point"

Or at the range you always hear this one after they nearly hit the paper plate at 100 yards

"close enough to kill a deer".

Or another great one i heard just today while buying powder.

"I always carry a handgun to finish off my deer" lol

I get some good laughs by hanging around a gun counter and listening..I rekon its akin to listening to bessy in everyday life..haha

Not a quote...but an old favorite from Gary Larson.Two buck deer,one with an unusual shaped (like a target) marking on his underbelly; the other pointing at it: "One helluva birthmark, Hal!":)

Sometimes you have to laugh at yourself.As a younger hunter, I would suffer from "buck fever" and even a forked horn buck would cause the ol' butterflies in the stomach, nervous sweats, and a good case of the shakes. I'm 66 now and my Dad is two years passed on. On one particular hunt, I missed three times at a decent buck. As I returned to a camp full of uncles, cousins, my Dad and brother, I was met with looks of anticipation, as apparently everyone had heard the shots."Did ya get one?" I lowered my head, shuffled my feet, and replied "Naw...missed."
I'm not always a bad shot, as I remember it but apparently was in my younger days, as Dad replied "Awww, heck, kid's been doing that for FORTY years!"

I don't know where that came from, I guess I just missed the nice ones, as I remember a stretch of at least 8 straight years tagging out on a forked horn. (Hence one of my handles is Forky Pete) ;-)

Well Pete!

You're done for now!

It ain't Forky Pete anymore though!

It's PISSCUTTER Pete!:D

15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

"His horns were outside his ears"

You can't eat the horns

Shoot that SOB!

We're after 30" or better the first weekend!

I saw a couple bucks but they were to small.

The scope on my gun never moves

I'd get bigger bucks too if i could hunt where they hunt.

How far? Too far for my little pea shooter!

Lets buy some decent beer this time. Last year, that cheap crap we bought gave me headaches.

Lets each put a $100. in the pot and pay expenses out of that until we need to put in more.

I ain't sleeping on the ground. I worked too much overtime this year to be sleeping on the ground!

How big was he? Prolly the biggest buck i ever seen! He had horns out to here and when he walked away from me all i could see was his big ol rack sweeping out to each side. He's a Booner for sure, probable make high Book...but who cares what he scores? :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

"Aim Small....Miss Small"

"I'd rather be lucky than good."

"Shoot Bubba, let's go kill somethin"

And one that makes me laugh, because it really "semantically" does not make sense.

"One shot....one kill".

FH

LAST EDITED ON Oct-18-12 AT 07:42PM (MST)[p]That 2 point still has milk on its mouth.

One shot, one deer
Two shots, maybe a deer.
Three shots, no deer.

White man build big fire, hot on one side, cold on the other.
Indian build small fire, cold on both sides.

1 Ha! I was going to say wipe the milk from it's lip's before the photo.
2 Well she has long eyelashes.
3 you WHAT ran out of bullet's.
4 Is it legal?(before the shot)
5 I can make that shot.
6 Did you bring TP?
7 Im cold
Good Post
Thank You
Rick

LAST EDITED ON Oct-20-12 AT 05:09PM (MST)[p]I thought the ears were wider than that.
AND, young bucks are better eating....

That tank was dryer than a popcorn fart.

You're never going to kill a big deer if you keep shooting a little ones.

A hunters luck is a wet ass and a hungry gut

These MM Pro's/TARDS that tell you 'they put a Buck or a Bull to bed' in the Evening!

In the Evening the Buck or Bull put You to bed!

If you're gonna put em to/in bed it'll more than likely be mornin time!

15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

"These MM Pro's/TARDS that tell you 'they put a Buck or a Bull to bed' in the Evening!"

I laugh my butt off every time I read that too..... Terry

LAST EDITED ON Oct-22-12 AT 02:59PM (MST)[p]"aim high and let it fly"

"If you dont shoot, you cant score." Wayne Gretzky

I dont think Gretzky was talking about hunting... but it still applies.

FYI I do not endorse taking shots that are anything less than ethical.

"Don't squat to take care of business while still wearing your SPURS!"

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Oct-22-12 AT 08:29PM (MST)[p]This steak is tougher than Chinese arithmetic.

-John Wayne

My favorite hunting quote came from my cousin(about 15yrs old at the time). There was a big group of deer and only one buck which my dad shot. At the shot, my cousin opened fire, emptying his gun. I remember one of the shots hitting dirt about 15 feet in front of him. When he was done shooting, he turned and asked "Was there any bucks?"

My older cousin and I about died laughing. I can't repeat what my unlce said as he walked out and snatched the gun away. Little cuz didn't see his rifle the rest of the year or the year after.

I swear it was a Duck Call!:D

15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom