Favorite Mount

nmtaxi

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON May-16-12 AT 01:41PM (MST)[p]What is everybody's favorite mount? Mine is my AK moose. I love showing that thing off. People's chin hits the ground when they see the size of it....

moosemount.jpg

Damnn WFG That coues just made it move a little!!!hahaha That's a gagger!!!

Right now, my fave is my ram, ol' one eye!!! CArl Chavez- Mountain Legends knocked it out of the park! Against his better judgement he listened to me and mounted him with a blind eye just like I wanted. turned out AWESOME but he wants me to explain to everyone why the sheep is winking!!! HAHAHA

photo18.jpg

My second fave is the bull that Carl did for me, my third and fourth will be my coues and the bobcat that are there right now!!! Gotta show your Taxi some love!!!!

Favorite is my sons Ibex. Not so much the actuall taxidermy, but, the memory, the work my friend Doseof7mag did on the habitat and stand, and the way it sets off the trophy room.

KitchenbathroomIbexbuildout028.jpg

KitchenbathroomIbexbuildout026.jpg

This is what sits on top. I traded him a awesome rifle for this piece of firewood he told me looks like a owl.

KitchenbathroomIbexbuildout027.jpg

That is one awesome Coues buck.

LAST EDITED ON May-17-12 AT 07:19AM (MST)[p]Now we're talking. Awesome mounts guys.

Pistlero, that sheep is awesome!!! I love the blind eye. Carl does some fantastic work. He pulled it off so well, that it needs no explanation. Looks very natural.

Thanks Taxi! Coming from another taxi I'm sure he appreciates the comments! That is the great thing about working with a good taxi, is that I told him what I wanted and and that set off his creativity! He actually used a small eye, to make it look like the shrunken eye!!! And Carl being the perfectionist he is, stewed and changed and cut and changed until it came out the way he wanted!! I wish I could be taxidermist because I envy the artistic ability you guys have!!! Sadly, I have NONE!!!!

Keep em coming boys!!!!
These are the types of threads that are worth watching!!!

not too big on having a mount like the one you guys have but I just love the skull look , so this is my king of the hill for now

Wow TonyFalcon that's a giant! To be honest I love euro sheep and elk too. Sometimes I wish I would have just done euros too!

Here's another mount that I own, that means the world to me. It's the last sheep my best friend shot before he passed away.

219.jpg

That Coues is a STUD! So is that euro sheep. Pistolero your blind eyed sheep is awesome. This is a great thread, i love taxidermy. Not just the work, but the story's and memories they preserve for us. Pistolero I'm sure that your buddies last sheep has as much meaning as your ol one eyed sheep, maybe more, but for different reasons. I am the same way. For me to pick just one of my mounts as my favorite would be impossible. So here are a couple of favorites for different reasons.

My favorite work by my taxidermist:
32729032075.jpg

I dont know what it is about this whitetail, but I love it.

My first big buck:
887048507a5c5b9918bc.jpg

My first buck with my dad:
45254a637e4e3f542789.jpg

My dads first good buck:
33327702dads_buck_11_001b.jpg

And his second:
60956320x-mas_2011_073.jpg

Also one of my favorites:
965576464_20_10_124.jpg

593772244_20_10_126.jpg

I still have a lifesize Barbary Sheep from 2011 waiting to get mounted:
8331sheep_02_11_014b.jpg

My 2010 bull from the Gila:
2257gila_elk_2010_006b.jpg

All of my Africa stuff:
899sany0792.jpg

117a_023.jpg

8648sany0798.jpg

733sany0804.jpg

And my 2011 muzzleloader antelope:
1749588img_3359b.jpg

With a good tag in my pocket this year and two boys that are growing like weeds, I am sure that my taxidermy collection will grow by leaps and bounds in the future.

Passthrough with all them kills and trophys it looks like we need too be friends !! Lol

Awesome!!! I was thinking this thread wasn't going to take off. Once I get my lion done, I'm sure it will be one of my favorites.... if I can ever decide on a pose.

IMG_0360.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-17-12 AT 04:11PM (MST)[p]Beautiful!!! I'm sure I could find a place for it on my wall ;-)

Wow! Great mounts guys. Here are mine.

By far my favorite is my first and only NM Coues buck. I think my guy did amazing work.

PB170113.jpg

20120517_200350.jpg

My first Pronghorn. Right at 80.

P7310149.jpg

My OIL Oryx

PB170109.jpg

Still waiting on this guy. I'm counting the days!

P2160210.jpg

Keep them coming guys!

Travis

Yeah Passthru You do have a great trophy house!!! Youre a Taxi's best friend!!!

tonyfalcon, I'm friends with passthru and he won't even take me hunting!!! hahaha

Tylerbenelli, you might win with the white sheep!!! haha thats awesome!

Thats a big ol cat NMtaxi!

Another gagger coues, coueshunter!

Here's my Mountain Legends bull to keep the ball rolling!

054.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-18-12 AT 07:39AM (MST)[p]Here's my off-range oryx from 2004. He looked like he had been in a knife fight. Most scarred up cape I had ever seen. Not sure if it was a mountian lion that got a hold of him, or just fighting with other oryx. Besides the long scars, he had several puncture wounds. I decided to leave him as is, as opposed to trying an "pretty" him up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/nmtaxi/orm1.jpg

congrats u guys...beautiful mounts and euro..

real neat to see moose walking when NMTAXI shot!!!

I love my all mounts...all are my favorite...need to clean from dust and bugs...

now NEED to save $$ because our boys are hunting now with me..

vinihunt

I'll pic one for you Vin. This is my favorite mount of Vinny's mounts, since I was there when he shot this big boy...

vincaribou.jpg

Lots of nice critters, the cat is awesome. I just put up another elk skull today, took a pic, here it is, new one is on left. Need some more room, had to put my whitetail in the den. Muley on far right is in velvet, not real obvious in this photo.

5573p1020324_red.jpg

Lost 12 shoulders, 2 rugs, 4 turkey tails, and about a dozen good sheds. I had my big Sitka and Coues' here in town. I have recently finished my Son's Javelina (he wanted it closed mouth). I also just received the cape for my NM Eastern Whitetail from the tannery. Still have my last handgun Javelina in the freezer, and a Doe Whitetail from PA. Time to start filling the walls again :).

--Bill

My wife asked me one time if the house started on fire and you had time to get a few things out what would they be and I said my mounts and my guns. Sorry to hear you lost all that, sounds like you will be filling walls soon again though.

Bill, the first thing that came to mind was that big stika deer. It would be rough losing all those trophies, but you'll always have the memories.

Fortunately we have an overabundance of pictures, and memories. The mounts were just the "icing on the cake". I knew we would burn someday, just didn't think it would be so soon. Ordered more mannikins today, and have some capes in the freezer that need to be fleshed, turned, salted, and shipped. Nothing to do but move forward.

--Bill

LAST EDITED ON May-24-12 AT 08:11AM (MST)[p]Now with so many awesome mounts and pictures, which one is your favorite.

I really like the Dall sheep and the scarred up oryx.

After looking through them again I couldn't go without also adding the ibex and passthrough's fifth buck down.

Guess it doesn't really count as a favorite when I can't stop listing, awesome mounts.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom