Favorite pack

adamsoa

I'm looking for a good day pack for a tall guy. I've got a 24 inch torso, so that limits the pack choice. I want to be able to pack a spotting scope, jacket and some snacks.

So far I'm down to:
Badlands 2200
Sitka fast flex 20
Eberlestock X1

What's your favorite and why.

respect my authorita

I will be looking and trying this one on in a day or two for hunts I have lined up in the next 3 weeks.

NEW!Tenzing 2220 Day Pack - Realtree XTRA?

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

I got the 2200 and for the most part I like the pack BUT their zipper rings seem to have issues. Darn things break off easily and even though they have a great warranty I can't see sending it back for a couple of 20 cent rings. That and they never seem to break at opportune moments either. Wish they would provide something better.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

I don't think you would go wrong with any of the ones you picked. I use the 2200 and its a real good pack. I have packed out a lot of game out with it. It can handle a heavy load and holds up real good. I have had a few zippers replaced, but I think the new packs have better zippers. Right now I am packing for a 4-5 day, sheep hunting Backpack trip and have the 2200 loaded pretty heavy.

Another pack that looks real good to me is the Badlands Clutch.

Good luck there are a lot of good packs to choose from.

I have an Eberlestock that I like, but I switched to the KUIU 1850 after a terrible pack-out with the Eberlestock and have never looked back.

It makes a great daypack and easily handled a hindquarter and cape/head of a deer for a packout. Great tripod/scope pockets, too. I hated the wings on my X2.

Grizzly

Thanks for the input so far. I appreciate it.

Hey Boyd, things are great out here in the basin. Hunts have been a blast and my little girl shot a 5 point elk. Heading up to Idaho in a couple of weeks. Not bad at all. How are things on your end?

respect my authorita

I can't speak of the other packs you have listed, but I have the X1 (purchased this summer) and so far really like it. The hip belt is removable in case you want it off of there, divider in the main compartment that keeps things from getting buried at the bottom (divider is removable), side access to main compartment, rifle holder which I've used as my tripod holder. I really like it so far.

New favorite: Kuiu 1850
Carbon frame, can be used without the frame also. Has pocket perfect for spotting scope.

>New favorite: Kuiu 1850
>Carbon frame, can be used without
>the frame also. Has
>pocket perfect for spotting scope.
>

I second the 1850. Pack can be used in three different ways. With frame, without frame but still use the duty straps, or use light straps with it.

Its a good size.

You need to throw the Mystery Ranch Dragonslayer in that mix of packs to look at. Best pack I've owned. In the past 3 years I've probably bought and then sold 6 different packs until I found my Dragonslayer.

Another vote for the Kuiu 1850...

Upgraded from the Badlands 2200 and there is no comparison.
The way it carries the load makes it seem to weigh almost 50% less than the same load in the badlands.
On a normal day hunt i carry pretty much the same as you and wouldn't trade it for any other pack out.

I'm 6'3" 200 and hauled out 3 elk and 1 deer with it this year and it did great.

I have the mystery ranch crew cab, awesome pack.

I recently got a KUIU 6000, not bad. I'm actually looking to sell it.

And I recently got the outdoorsmans pack. It's my new favorite. Hauled an elk with it today. Handled to weight better than any pack I've owned.

I've had several 2200's, loved 'em till I decided to get a better pack. Once you put on a higher end pack, you'll understand why I say Badlands are garbage.

I'll keep my mystery ranch, but this outdoorsmans pack is living up to the hype.

That's my $0.02

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom