Favorite Trophy Photo

nmtaxi

Very Active Member
A while back we did a post of photo regrets. What are your favorite trophy photos? Here's mine.

This is my sons 2009 Wyoming Antelope. I just love the lighting and colors in the whole set of photos I took of it.

DSC00519.jpg

I also really like my 2004 off-range oryx pic.

offrange.jpg

And my favorite trophy photo of my dad's is his ibex from 1984 with the Marlboro man pose.

ibex.jpg

Great photos NMtaxi. I especially like the one of your Dads Ibex.
Up until 10 years ago I took no photos and that just reminds me of all the hunts we had been on that I regret not getting pics.
The old days we did not primp the animal.
Now I really take time. I will try to post a couple up later.

2 Favorite Photos in my collection

PA311149.jpg

DSC02223.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teach your kids to hunt now, and you won't have to hunt for them later.

HH, I agree with you. I started this post meaning the "best" trophy photos as far as eye pleasing. I went through your album and you have some fantastic photos. The one that stuck out the most to me was picture #130-in the snow with the elk rack on the horse. What a great photo that is. What's the story behind it?

>HH, I agree with you.
>I started this post meaning
>the "best" trophy photos as
>far as eye pleasing.
>I went through your album
>and you have some fantastic
>photos. The one that
>stuck out the most to
>me was picture #130-in the
>snow with the elk rack
>on the horse. What
>a great photo that is.
> What's the story behind
>it?

Thank You NM.

I took that photo back in 1989 in the Washakie wilderness of northwestern Wyoming out of Cody.
It shows my buddy Rick with a decent bull that he took near the end of our October hunt.
A few days prior I had taken a very nice 6x6.
It was a hunt we'll never forget.
Rick went on to many other great hunts that i can only dream of including five sheep, very big moose, big muleys & much bigger elk.
Today he lives in Belgrade Montana.

scan0002ke.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Apr-27-11 AT 09:45PM (MST)[p]If you haven't figured it out yet, I like waterfowl

band.jpg

This............
Scenery.jpg

Led to this...........
Scenery1.jpg

Great post Taxi. Some of the best "trophies" in my book are the first harvests of family friends and photos that just remind me of a great trip.
My wife's first bull:
IMG_0764-1.jpg

My buddy Joe packing his first bull out:
_MG_2198.jpg

A pile of bone from one of the most incredible days of hunting I've ever had (Unit 9, 2006)
4-17-2007-04-1.jpg

-Cody

And I just found this photo taken back when I was a kid on a family ranch in Northwestern Colorado. This picture kind of captures the spirit of my elk hunts as a young hunter in that we occasionally remembered to take a haphazard picture if and when we had a camera available. This was my first "big" bull taken back in the day when spindly raghorns were considered big bulls in Colorado. Simpler times indeed...

CarnahanRanch94.jpg

Cody, that picture with the 2 dead elk, sheds and packs is classic.
You know what kind of sweat equity went into a day like that.
I see you tie up loads like I do, it aint pretty, but, have not lost one yet.

LAST EDITED ON May-02-11 AT 07:35PM (MST)[p]Tio Ray's Oryx
421tio_ray_oryx_005.jpg

Little Bro's First
4513santiago_first_elk_001.jpg

07 Turkey
3348picture_026.jpg

My Favortite Tropy Photos

LAST EDITED ON May-03-11 AT 07:01AM (MST)[p]My first Bow kill Antelope by spot and stalk....14 3/4 in.

5134antelope_buck_bow_kill.jpg

My OIL bull from Rhodes Canyon...

1958once_in_a_lifetime.jpg

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

Last time my Grandpa hunted with us....
3691papa_joe_and_me.jpg

Good afternoon in AZ with my Dad and Uncle...
5761coyote_10.jpg

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

Awesome pictures guys!

NM Coues
Me and my Dad with his first Coues at age 60 with a muzzleloader! Very memorable hunt on a left-over tag. 103 Gross

Dad8X10.jpg

My first coues. Muzzleloader 105 Gross

frontdeer.jpg

Thanks,
Travis

LAST EDITED ON May-26-11 AT 11:59AM (MST)[p]This thread has been one of the best on this forum for quite some time and has been a breath of fresh air as it gets back to the core of hunting and the memories made on many hunts. From the classic Marlboro man shot to all the family shots, it's clear that we all have a lot in common.

Better yet, it's clear to me from this post that there IS a next generation of hunters out there.

Here's one of me and my old man, the reason behind my passion for the outdoors.

IMG_0999.jpg

Keep it going,
Cody

www.streamflies.com

This first picture is my best friends first deer hunt ever. I had the pleasure of taking him and his future father-in-law on a great hunt in my backyard. He had never applied for a hunt in his life and drew the 2nd rifle hunt in 2B last year. Made a perfect shot at 250 yds. Great memory!
8760scb1.jpg

Him and his Fiance's Dad put in together and Rick made a great shot on the first morning on this STUD of a deer (196 gross). Here is my buddy with his first buck and me holding Rick's monster.
7879both.jpg

This picture was right before the buck went to the taxidermist and truly shows how beautiful this deer was. I just talked to Rick and he told me he got his buck back a few weeks ago. I will post up the mount pictures as soon as I receive them from him.
2931fcb3.jpg

That weekend was unforgettable!

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

A day I will never forget. I even remember the details of walking from the where I shot to where he dropped. I cant even remember what I had for breakfast.
2010PaulsBuck016-1.jpg

2010ZachsElk009.jpg

2010ArcheryBuckalsoKevinandGeneO-9.jpg

2008ZachsbullLaurensoryxotherstu-17.jpg

2008ValleCalderaBull007.jpg

Teryn, that big buck is an absolute hog!

Paul, love seeing those pics of you and your hunting crew (we will all miss khart). Your pictures make me thankful that I'm still killing and packing elk with my old man. Here's a Sargent bull he called in for me and then had to help pack out. We've been hunting buddies since I was 3 months old and loaded onto a panyard on a packhorse for my first elk hunt in the Flat Top Wilderness Area back home in NW, Colorado.
2008SargentBull.jpg

www.streamflies.com

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom