Favorite way to cook a ribeye.

wileywapati

Very Active Member
Salt and pepper. In a smoking hot cast iron pan for
A couple minutes each side, then in to the oven
Till YA hit your internal temp target.

Giving the reverse seat a shot tonight. We'll see.

"The future is large scale auction tags.
The majority of the tags should go up
for auction anually. It MIGHT even be
good to allow second sales of auction
tags as in outfitters purchasing tags
and then re-selling them to the public."
TRISTATE 8/17/2012

Salt, pepper, garlic powder. 3 minutes/side on the grill. Is there a better piece of meat off a steer? I say no.

Sounds Good WW!

Hey DW!

Send me those Nasty Filet Mignons you don't like!:D

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

>Not enough fat and marbling elkassassin!
>The fat is where the
>flavor is! :D

It Ain't good for you though DW!:D

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

I didn't like it as a kid, now I cut it in pieces and make sure I got a chunk a fat for each mouth waterin bite! :D

Good ideas you guys are making me hungry . Sometimes adding a bit of misquite smoke while cooking that RI gives it an additional flavor?

))))------->

Ribeye. I remember those. Any more I look at the price and go home and thaw out a package of Pronghorn. Almost as good.:)

Ribeye, get the grill nice and hot, cook medium rare, salt and pepper and eat!

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Rib eye or Rib Steak, same meat but i prefer with the rib and personally like both of them better than any other cuts.

Small hot grilled fire along the lake shore with both rods out and the likelihood of catching some nice trout an evening. The fire made from sticks and pine cones, build some coals, burn both sides of the steak a bit but be sure to leave it rare in the middle. Eat it with your fingers, juice dripping down your hands, keep an eye on those rods and wash it down with some ice cold Dew. Now that's living the high life! Yum!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I cook my Cancer causing red meat medium rare on the grill

2311idiot.jpg

No salt, brush the ribeye with soy sauce add some coarse grind pepper and a light dusting of garlic powder. Then grill to med rare YUMMMM

I would have dinner with SageAdvice, as long as he doesn't mind if I trade in my Dew for a Fat Tire ale.

Anaconda, Certainly, you buy the night crawlers, i'll provide the steaks! :-0

Seriously, i used to fish just about every night, early spring to early summer, after work until dark thirty. I had found several places that were worth fishing and i had to eat. A small refrigerator rack fit up against the back of my daybag, a Ziploc bag of meat, a small sweet potato, and a onion cut in half would soon be cooking while i fished. It didn't have to be steak, i've cooked about all the meats while fishing, even a leg of lamb once.

It's by far my favorite way to cook things and if you think stuff tastes good at home, you should try it in this timber and mountain country with a fishing rod in one hand and a sharp stick to turn things over, in the other. Seasoned by Mother Nature!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I think it's only fair if I try each and every one of your recipes. I'll then decide which is best.
Please let me know when you're next cooking and I'll make a point to be there.
Thanks in advance.
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom