Federal Fusion bullets

hogg_65

In 2006 I was in sportsman warehouse to buy bullets. I had the bullets I had always used when an older gentleman that works the shooting range at Lee Kay told me about the fusions. He said that all summer long sighting in rifles for people, the fusion bullets were the most accurate on the range. So for like 18 bucks a box at the time I bought 3 boxes of 165 grain 300 mags. I have killed 4 deer and a 6 point bull with my rifle. All 1 shot kills with huge pass through holes on all 5 animals. My dad also used my rifle in 07 and killed a 6 point bull with a 1 shot pass through as well. The longest shot was 460 yards the closest was 150. Yards. I post this to ask if any of you other MM guys use these bullets and have the same good results. Just curious.

Yes, the same results. No elk, but great success on deer out to 400+ yds. My son suggested I try them a few years back and I'm glad I did.

i used to use them with good results.i too found that they were a good shooting bullet and really consistent. i now reload so i stopped shooting factory ammunition.

"Shoot Straight"

I would hope that you were able to cleanly kill stuff with a 300 mag and 165gr bullets! :)

But,.. Yes, These Fusion are not your basic cup and core old timey bullets. The core is bonded to the jacket electronically and the bullet is known to well hold together. They also are reported to have higher BC's than your core-loct or soft point and to be known for their accuracy.

I would think that this ammo is a step up in quality of the general what you see on the "cheap stuff" shelves, especially so when you consider the price of the product.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I have had great results with them out of my 270. all on deer though. I use the 130 grain and have shot 4 bucks from 250 to 400 yards. all 4 tipped right over with one shot.

oakbrush

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Isn't the Fusion bullet a "H" mantle bullet like the Nosler Partition. I purchased a box of them at the Reno gun show a while back in 30 cal. 150 gr.I know the box had the name "Fusion" on it but I can not recall if it was a Federal product. Upon cutting one bullet lenghtwise, I saw it had the same construction as a Nosler partition bullet. Front and rear lead core with a copper "H" mantle in the center seperating both lead cores. I no longer have the 50 round box and can not confirm if it was "Federal Fusion". I used them in my Son's 308 that he is going to use for deer hunting this year in CA.

If that is the case, it should be a good bullet for elk, moose, bear and other larger game as well for medium size game.

RELH

Sounds like the fusions blow big holes in animals. It would be interesting to hear from someone who has not had the same results. Sage, I wasn't asking for a Lecture. Just wondering about results.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-26-13 AT 10:54AM (MST)[p]FUSION is a FEDERAL CARTRIDGE CO. in ANOKA, MN I bought a box of FUSION in 25-06Rem w/ 120gr 2980 muzzle according to label and drops 3.0" at 200yrd w/ a 100yrd zero. At 300yrd it is -11.2"....pretty close to the 117gr Sierra Game king rounds you told me about RELH
I test fired 3 rounds last year at range and all were right close together at about the same as the Sierra Game King. I will try them in Sept on Lopes in WY.

http://www.federalpremium.com/products/details/rifle.aspx?id=611

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Picked up a couple boxes of Fusion for my 270 win couple years ago to try out at the range. They shot damn good, pretty accurate rounds. Still haven't used on game though, kinda spoiled with the accuracy and performance of accubonds. Might give 'em a try this year on my elk hunt.

www.unitedwildlifecooperative.org

LAST EDITED ON Aug-03-13 AT 02:12PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-03-13 AT 02:09?PM (MST)

For you hand loaders, the fusion bullet is the same as the Speer Deepcurl minus the small boat tail on the fusion. They are owned (Federal and Speer) by the same company (ATK)and the bonding process is the exact same...

http://www.federalpremium.com/products/brands/fusion.aspx

http://www.speer-bullets.com/products/rifle/hunting/deepcurl.aspx

I do not beleve a fusion is a TBBC with a polymer tip...... I think you are thinking the trophy bonded tip vs. the trophy bonded bear claw which is also in the federal ammo lineup....

Happy hunting,

Todd

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom