federal lands for sale??????

azbullhunter

Please refer to the Dec 14/Jan 15 issue of Hunting Magazine
pps. 17-19. In the article it points out that seven western states have passed legislation to turn all federal lands to the states. It would be great if AZ had control of federal lands right? The same state that closed 1/2 of the state parks and numerous rest areas(outhouses)and is facing a 600 million dollar deficit. What do you think they would do with the federal lands??? Some nice condos in elk country probably

But more important the magazine article pointed out that Paul Ryan's (R) WI budget proposal from 2012 mentioned the "sale of unneeded federal property."

For you folks from Utah "Utah Representative Jason Chafee (R) introduced H.R. 2657 titled "The disposal of Excess Federal Lands Act of 2013." It directs the Secretary of the Interior to sell millions of acres of land in ten Western States. The proceeds would go towards decreasing the national debt. Fortunately, the bill is stalled in committee."

Those are facts easily verified and I do not see any legislation being pushed by the POTUS regarding this.

I would assume the POTUS would veto this bill if passed by Congress.

Do you want to turn Utah into another New Jersey? I do not.

What we should look at selling first is all the empty federal buildings and prime real estate they sit on.

I find it surprising that you would even think Obama would veto the bill. Maybe you better do a better search on where Sen. Harry Reid stands on the sale of public land. There is many persons and organizations in Nevada that feels he would welcome it based on his track record. What do you think he would whisper in Obama's ear on what to do?

There is a growing idea of selling federal land or letting states have control and they can sell it. It will happen one day no matter how we may be against it. What you are failing to see is that members of both parties will be supporting it for personal gain or political clout at home with the voters who put them in office.

Most of your supporters will be members of Congress who represent major cities as the voters in those areas are not that concerned with selling public land. If they are told they will gain benefits from the sale, they will support it.

Do you really believe that Feinstein, Pelosi, or Boxer will oppose it if they could tell their people it will lower taxes and less government expenses of caring for the land. Same thing for the East Coast lawmakers from the big cities. You need to wise up, this is not just a GOP thing, this is one item that will see bi-partisan support.

The vast majority of Americans could care less what us hunters want. They are a different breed of people and look at things far different then hunters do.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-15 AT 09:15PM (MST)[p]In the senate each state large or small gets two senators so a senator from New Mexico has the same clout as one from CA. In case you did not know it. Have you thought about moving? Bipartisan support? I have only seen Republicans introduce legislation so far. I am not going to speculate as most of you do. Most of your speculations have been wrong on the economy and healthcare. Neither collapsed like you all predicted.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-15 AT 09:16PM (MST)[p]That is not what the Rep from Idaho introduced it was selling millions of acres. I just provide hard facts not opinions or mindless rants and speculation.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom