Feedback - Fed. Premium Trophy Bonded Tip

375hunter

Anybody have feedback on this bullet positive or negative? Specifically the 180 grain load for the 300 WSM.

I doubt I will have time this year to reload and develop and good round for this new rifle I have so I am jumping on the factory ammo bandwagon this year.

This load shows a muzzle velocity of 2960 FPS - Can I expect that or be very close with a 24.3" tikka barrel?

HSM 185 gr Berger Hunting VLD leaving a 24" barrel at 2991 FPS. HSM has the most accurate factory ammo I have found.

"You can fly a helicopter to the top of Everest and say you've been there. The problem with that is you were an a$$hole when you started and you're still an a$$hole when you get back.
Its the climb that makes you a different person". - Yvon Chouinard

What a coincidence. My first hog hunt, I used 180gr Federal Premium Trophy in my Tikka 300 WSM.

I had done extensive testing of factory loads at that time I wasn't handloading yet, and found the Federal Premium to be the most consistent for my Tikka.

Shot a hog at 82 yards through both lungs. Bullet exited at great speed, leaving a 4 finger hole on the other side.

If you need good loads for a Tikka 300 WSM, I can give you some good starting points.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom