fellow MM members....

L

littlefoot

i wasn't going to post this, but i had such a good week-end, i decided, why not? some time back, i started visiting the MM site, and eventually decided to join in. what a great decision...i have had the pleasure of reading about and seeing pictures of some great hunts..i never thought it would go any further that that.. but thinking back over the past hunting season, i realized more than that had happened. back in early summer, may or june, a fellow MM member contacted me re: a post i did about a late season cow elk hunt in my area. he and his nephew both qualified for the cow hunt if they had not filled their tags earlier. as it turns out, our fellow MM member connected on a GREAT bull, but his nephew did not. later that year, another fellow MM member contacted me re: a late season buck tag that his father had drawn in my area..asked if i could help them out, and i said absolutely...i did some pre-season scouting and found some decent bucks...i tried to hook-up with them when they came over, but missed them by several hours..two days later, i got an e-mail from him with a pic of a very respectable buck that his father had bagged. i was probably just about as thrilled about it as he was for his father getting the buck. knowing that he took the time to send me the pics was reward enough...he lives in a very well known area for good white-tail bucks and told me if i ever wanted one, to give him a holler'. in january, i was treated to a phone call from another MM member, Dwayne 'cowboye' Elam, from oklahoma. he was in a town in my state (washington) on business, and called to say he wanted to visit.. he drove quite a ways out of his way for the visit, and it was a pleasure meeting him and his father, a true gentleman...because of the 'huntsonora' x-mas gift exchange (thank you, huntsonora) i was able to connect with 'nvhunter' who told me if i ever draw a nevada tag to get hold of him...if i do, i will...as it turned out, our MM members' nephew never did connect on an elk, and he contacted me re: the cow elk hunt. i spent some time trying to locate a 'stable herd' that wasn't going anywhere, as they could only travel to here on week-ends (125 miles).. i found one last week, and they arrived on friday afternoon. as i was waiting for them, we loaded up and headed out...as luck would have it, we found the elk that afternoon and his nephew did a fine job of bagging his first elk ever!!! this wasn't a 'farmer's field' hunt either,, myself and our fellow MM member were just as thrilled over the results as his nephew....on top of everything else, they brought me a cooler full of salmon fillets, halibut, and "pickled-salmon" (ring a bell, DK?) i guess what i'm getting at, is not only have i been able to read about other MM experiences, they are now even some of my memories...i have attached below, fellow MM members' pics of the fathers' deer hunt, and the nephews' elk hunt..i hope they don't mind...i am truly sorry for the length of this post, i am not trying to 'blow my own horn', just trying to share with you my joy at being a part of the site and thanking others for letting me be a part of their 'hunting trips'

102728.jpg

102807.jpg

Hey, I kinda know the feeling. I have made alot of friends because of this site. I have learned of new areas and been able to help also. I talk to out of state friends on the phone or thru email. All of which were found on this site......Pretty amazing if you sit back and think about it. This was an exellent post, thanks for making me appreciate this site even more.

There are some awesome people on this site...If I weren't so busy raising three teenagers I would be trying to contact some of these people to arrange hunts with them.. I have been on this site for almost it's beginings and have loved every minute of it... I love to hear these kinds of stories..Brian, (founder) you have done a great thing here with this website...Thanks.

littlefoot
Tom sent me them elk pictures, very nice. Congrats on helping out some fellow MMers, thats a big part of what this site is all about. There are a lot of great people here from all walks of life and I've been fortunate to meet a handful of them and hopefully more in the future.

Uhhh I wasn't brave enough to try the pickled salmon, but the fillets were great!

Gentry, the pleasure was all ours....I enjoyed getting the time to run over there and talk some hunting...Remember if I can ever be of assistance, let me know......I know you would do the same after talking and meeting you.....Dwayne

I feel like a one legged man in a but kicking contest....just flew in from LA, Cal. last night....think I have got some Jet-lag.....probably the reason I haven't had the time to be around lately......

>Gentry, the pleasure was all ours....I
>enjoyed getting the time to
>run over there and talk
>some hunting...Remember if I can
>ever be of assistance, let
>me know......I know you would
>do the same after talking
>and meeting you.....Dwayne
>
>I feel like a one legged
>man in a but kicking
>contest....just flew in from LA,
>Cal. last night....think I have
>got some Jet-lag.....probably the reason
>I haven't had the time
>to be around lately......

>>Gentry, the pleasure was all ours....I
>>enjoyed getting the time to
>>run over there and talk
>>some hunting...Remember if I can
>>ever be of assistance, let
>>me know......I know you would
>>do the same after talking
>>and meeting you.....Dwayne
>>
>>I feel like a one legged
>>man in a but kicking
>>contest....just flew in from LA,
>>Cal. last night....think I have
>>got some Jet-lag.....probably the reason
>>I haven't had the time
>>to be around lately......

Gentry, Another "Pat on the back" from my nephew and myself. It was a most enjoyable experience for both of us and you can take pleasure in knowing that another hunter is coming of age. Again thanks....Tom

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom