FEMA, is this country Broke?

M

manny15

LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-06 AT 01:52PM (MST)[p] Just heard about F.E.M.A wanting to pull out their entire temp housing for volunteers (tents) 1000?s of volunteers are helping clean up the mess down in New Orleans, contractors, laborers, and just feeding operations people could face sleeping in their vehicles, because FEMA says that it's not their responsibility to provide temp housing, if not them then who is??

Why is the Federal Emergency Response? Being so tight with the money, when we've spent Billions on Iraq, and can't afford to leave a few hundred tents down there for housing people who are helping clean the mess, Are we broke or what ?? I'm Pist! It makes no cense...

Yes, it's unbelievable. We have to ask ourselves if going broke trying to Democratize a country that obviously doesn't want to be is worth it. OBL wants to break this country and it is working. Now we are talking about taking out Iran. We are on a sinking ship if AWOL or any other Republican continues down this road. We have been in full speed reverse since 2000.

Not a personal attack on you guys just my opinion; Love it or Leave it. Even though things aren't perfect here, I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be.

>Not a personal attack on you
>guys just my opinion; Love
>it or Leave it.
>Even though things aren't perfect
>here, I can't think of
>anywhere I'd rather be.

Nor I, I'm just wondering the thinking on FEMA's part, if we can spend billions over seas why can't we do the same for our own people..?..

I agree 100 % Zigga. Remember the first patriots were protestors so I don't think the love it or leave it comment that follows your post holds much water. Catchy statement "Love it or leave it" just not accurate. How about if you love it change it to make it better.

poor trash people! put them to work!
stop the free loading! feed em....sure, but
make work for their board!
make them rebuild their homes.
100 YEAR ago their was an 7.something earthquake in Ca.....
If that happend (and it will happen some day)tomorrow would DISPLACE KATRINA SURVIVOR'S WANT TO SEE ME SITTING ON MY ARSE?
I thought so! would they come and rebuild my home or shore up my leevees?............ FEMA hell just sick of the free loaders.
rm

Personally I think it is a waste of time to rebuild a city that is going to flood again anyhow, no matter how much money we throw at it. It is built below sea level in the middle of the freakin hurricane belt.

But your post Manny was not about FEMA in the first place, or you would have left Iraq out of it. Everyone knows where you and Molly Ivins stands on this president and his administration. Although I do find it humerous that you and your ilk never stop in your attempt to discredit "W" with every breath.

>Personally I think it is a
>waste of time to rebuild
>a city that is going
>to flood again anyhow, no
>matter how much money we
>throw at it. It
>is built below sea level
>in the middle of the
>freakin hurricane belt.
>
>But your post Manny was not
>about FEMA in the first
>place, or you would have
>left Iraq out of it.
> Everyone knows where you
>and Molly Ivins stands on
>this president and his administration.
> Although I do find
>it humerous that you and
>your ilk never stop in
>your attempt to discredit "W"
>with every breath.

WTH, I voted for "W"..?...you make no cense to me ID'

FEMA needs to use the money to relocate people if there's no jobs available, otherwise we'll still be providing temporary housing ten years from now, or until the next hurricane levels all the trailers. Have them pick a city, pay their rent and food for 6 months and let them start making a living. With unemployment rates as low as they are, people can find a descent job...if they want one.

>FEMA needs to use the money
>to relocate people if there's
>no jobs available, otherwise we'll
>still be providing temporary housing
>ten years from now, or
>until the next hurricane levels
>all the trailers. Have them
>pick a city, pay their
>rent and food for 6
>months and let them start
>making a living. With unemployment
>rates as low as they
>are, people can find a
>descent job...if they want one.
>

Read carfully here boys, FEMA is kicking out the volenteers, not the free loaders...there are business owner that haven't gotten any help from the insurance co. even still...

I did not see that. There are two sides to every story, and I'd like to see both sides before I form an opinion. I'm a republican and a veteran, but no Bush fan myself (Hillary and a lot of the Democrats scare the heck out of me, I like Macain SP?and Lieberman). I believe our two party system is hopefully doomed.

I feel you Manny. There needs to be some major priority overhauls.

BTW - I though you said Adios to MM?
Welcome back anyway! :D
ROY

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom