Feral Pigs in AZ

COBOHNTR09

Can anyone tell me if they've had any experience hunting these pigs near the Nevada border (Mud Mtn) up around the strip area.

Any info would be great Thanks!

I've never hunted the pigs before , but I have gotten plenty of pics of these pigs on trail cameras . I know someone who works for the BLM and he is an avid pig hunter out there, he is willing to take me almost anytime . Just southeast of Mud mountain there is a herd of 7 or 8 pigs . Ide valley, just north of Mud MTN is a herd of pigs . Luke Thompson says they're all the way out to Poverty now .

I helped my buddy on his 13b hunt this year and we saw quite a few pigs on Mud Mnt. He saw two groups on the northwest side of Mud and I kicked a big boar at 10 yards on the southwest side. He should have shot some but he was focused on deer.

I guess everyone saw the pigs this year on mud in 13b. We also saw them this year twice on the southwest corner of mud. Bruin4L do i know you? Where you in our camp with evan, kip, hunter, and me dave. I begged someone to pound the whole heard right where they stood. Did anyone hear of a single pig shot out of that heard this year?

my girlfriend shot one out of our ground blind

"THERES MORE TO LIFE THAN HUNTING,
BUT HOW FUN WOULD THAT BE"

>my girlfriend shot one out of
>our ground blind
>
>"THERES MORE TO LIFE THAN HUNTING,
>
>BUT HOW FUN WOULD THAT BE"
>

Right on utarchery, was it on the archery or rifle? I wanted to shoot one so bad, but everyone i was with didnt want to scare the deer. Can you post a pic of it? Was it a male of female. It would have been an absolute shootout if i would have had the gun in my hand. I dont know why those things got me so cranked up , but they did.

>I guess everyone saw the pigs
>this year on mud in
>13b. We also saw them
>this year twice on the
>southwest corner of mud. Bruin4L
>do i know you? Where
>you in our camp with
>evan, kip, hunter, and me
>dave. I begged someone to
>pound the whole heard right
>where they stood. Did anyone
>hear of a single pig
>shot out of that heard
>this year?

No Couesmagnet, we were a DIY camp in Hidden Cyn. I wish he had unloaded on the group of pigs he saw- a sow and 7 piglets! He was worrie.d about having to deal with them when they were down but I told him that I would show him my coyote cleaning method and recipe

There was another herd of about 4 or 5 i thought near the road that climbs up mud on the west? I think those coyotes would have done a fine job on the clean up. Would of been worth revisiting a day later . Could you imagine rolling up on that party of dogs. It would of been round 2.

Great info guys. From what I've read there's no license needed to hunt these pigs. Is there anything I'm missing, other than a big chunk of ham? ha I appreciate all the info!

Steve

I know there is no tag needed and these pigs are not managed by the department, but you may want to check with game and fish if a hunting license is needed as you will be hunting- probably will not need it, but it would not hurt to check.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-11 AT 07:00PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-11 AT 06:58?PM (MST)

I would be interested in hunting some sometime. Would anybody be willing to point me in the right direction or even come with?

I will get the beer and food!

I am out of Las Vegas and do have 4 wheel drive/all equipment.

My brother and I are heading out tomoro morning, first to try to locate my Garmin 550T it popped out of my ATV bags last week when I was out there . But then we're going to go about locating a feral pig . We want to do a pig roast for christmas . But if you wantto head out sometime pm me and I'll give ya my # . I'll go w/ ya . When I'm home I work from home, so I got a lot of free time .

>My brother and I are heading
>out tomoro morning, first to
>try to locate my Garmin
>550T it popped out of
>my ATV bags last week
>when I was out there
>. But then we're going
>to go about locating a
>feral pig . We want
>to do a pig roast
>for christmas . But if
>you wantto head out sometime
>pm me and I'll give
>ya my # . I'll
>go w/ ya . When
>I'm home I work from
>home, so I got a
>lot of free time .
>

PM sent!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom