Field Dressing

Crunchy

Hey Fellas,

Looking for some help. I think some time in the past two months I saw a post with a link to field a dressing deer. It was about a 10 minute video clip. If so I'd like to find it again to download. Any help out there. Maybe it was another site, I just think it was this one. I got my first deer this year, but could have probably done a better job.

Thanks

The key to a field job is a good ream job. If that's done right everything else is a snap. Some of my best memory are of cleaning deer. When I was a kid I used to be real slow and act like I had no clue what was going on, Then my older brother who was a expert at almost everything would get mad and take over. I think it worked 3 times. Another time I had a buddy holding the deers legs. I was going to cut the diaphragm and my knife accidently poked a nice puffed up gut. Wow that crap real flies out if the conditions are right. I just wiped it off my face and went back to work. My helper lost his cookies. I'm sorry that Im not helping with the original posters question I guess I just like to talk about guts. Good luck Ken

I think I remembert seeing the link to a video on the Kentucky F&G website about field dressing. I had only read about it in a book before I did it myself, probably took me an hour to gut that first one. 20+ deer later, I have gotten a little faster, but still go slow enough to do the job right. That meat is going to feed my family and it has to be grade-A.
HB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom