Final archery days

S

sgscottieg1

Has anyone been elk hunting in unit 7.I hunted hard the first 2 weekends and saw a few elk around the sand creek area,but no elk yet.I plan on hunting the last 3 days and was wondering if the elk were bugleing yet??Has anyone been seing any elk up there,or if I am wasteing my time.I am also looking for a good archery elk hunting unit to take my wife for the future and was wondering if anyone has advice

I was up there for muzzloader season and was very quite, didnt hear one bugle in the 6 days we were there. I also did not see many elk, spotted one in seven days, and that was for a split second, we put on alot of miles we pretty much walked from sun up to sun down, so we were putting effort forth. Did not hear or see any hunter that was succesfull either. Good luck, tough up there!

which part of the unit were you hunting in deadman?sand creek? sand creek was where we have been seeing most of our elk.thanks for the response.....

Deadman and Sand Creek are in area 8. Are your tags for 7&8? During this time of the year I have seen elk on top of Deadman. Have seen some sign around the Cherokee park area as well.

yea my tag is for unit 7 and 8 I am still debateing to go up this weekend,im not hearing to much that is positive,top of deadman? you mean sand creek area??

I hunted around sand creek, and the top side of Bull mtn, but like I said not much heard or saw by anyone I talked to. Good luck it is crunch time!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom