Final quotas

>Any one know for sure when
>final quotas will be set
>since meetings are over?

The Final Regs usually aren't signed off of by the Commission and posted online until the third week of April.

I just happened to be looking at some stats in the Final Regs section after I made the other post and the date at the bottom for the Commission Pres. signature is 4/21.

The proposed quotas have been on the website for awhile. Its usually what they end up as, they're just not signed by the commissioner.

Ya I know they are usually Wut they propose but a guy I work with dosnt believe me on a moose tag he applied for I told him they are gonna raise quota this year so he looked it up and it still has old quota. Told him it had to go through commission before final should be mid April since meetings just ended.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-06-16 AT 05:24PM (MST)[p]>Ya I know they are usually
>Wut they propose but a
>guy I work with dosnt
>believe me on a moose
>tag he applied for I
>told him they are gonna
>raise quota this year so
>he looked it up and
>it still has old quota.
>Told him it had to
>go through commission before final
>should be mid April since
>meetings just ended.

There is not a single moose unit where the G&F has proposed an increase in tags and a number are actually showing decreases, so I think your friend got the best of you on that one! The Regs that have been online for several weeks are what everyone has been commenting on at statewide meetings and by emails. Those numbers aren't often changed after the comment period is closed like it was a couple days ago.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-06-16 AT 07:04PM (MST)[p]>looks like 33,36,40 type 1 are
>increasing.

You are correct! That is actually one unit when applied for and it's going from 5 to 10 tags. I flat missed that one somehow and it may be the one that he told the guy was going up in numbers, although the guy told him he had looked and they were the same as last year. It could be that he had looked at the 2015 numbers and not the new proposal though.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-12-16 AT 09:16AM (MST)[p]I finally found it! I'm a little challenged at times.

The G&F should know that the proposed big game quotas are more important to us than what they're doing for the three legged curlew! ha

Zeke

I got one for you guys that don't like the shed season. I see in Area 82 they are letting out 550 doe fawn tags (type 6 and 8) The type 6 runs Oct 1-16 and the 8 from Dec 1-Jan 31.
And here I was thinking that shed season was closed for wildlife protection/harassment issues after Jan 1. But it is ok to go out there in three feet of snow and shoot them.

Genius. Sounds like a great litigation point for any shed hunter caught in an area with open season into January.

py

I can find the type 6 tags but I don't see where they are proposing type 8 tags for 82. Where did you find those?

>I can find the type 6
>tags but I don't see
>where they are proposing type
>8 tags for 82.
>Where did you find those?
>

A couple lines below the Type 6 that shows 500 doe/fawn tags for 10/1-10/16 it shows Type 8 for 50 whitetail doe/fawn tags from 12/1-1/31, but they are only good on private land.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom