Finally a hit!

Silentstalker

Long Time Member
Well,

My 1st bait has finally been hit. This bear has came in a few times. Not quite what I am after but a relief to finally get a bear on the bait! Hopefully his grandpa will drop by soon! What do you think of this bear? He looks a little on the small side to me.

MDGC0007.jpg

Man, I am with ya, He is pretty! But, I have a fair amount of time and I know there are bigger in the area. I think he is a solid back up bear. It should just get better by the day!

Chad you or someone in your family draws a tag every year. You got an in with DWR?

What area are you hunting?

Back up bear! I like em black

Archery is a year round commitment!!

I am hunting the Wasatch west unit. I have bears on my bait but not he one I want yet. He better hurry and start hitting cause I am running out of time!!

Oh and I AM the DWR!! J/K. We have played the points game for a long time especially in Utah. Mix in a little luck at the Expo and we have been VERY fortunate.

hope you fill your tag.

I have 4 points for bear and would be very interested in how your hunt turns out. I have only seen two bears in Utah so I am no expert.

I also love donating money to the dwr.

Scott,

So far I have learned a lot! I have also learned I have a lot more to learn! Keep applying and I would love to help you on your hunt. That would be fun!

Well,

After much frustration, a couple of nice bears have started to hit my bait. Now, I just need a good shot!!

Look at the noggin on this bear!

Bear11.jpg

SW,
You keep your fingers crossed & I'll keep my toes crossed. Bottom of the 9th Silent-Good luck & keep us posted.
Nate

Bear down! Shot a really pretty Blonde bear last night. I am on my way to the DWR to get him checked and when I get home I will post pic's and the story! Thanks for all the support Guy's! It was a blast!

Congrats,
You pulled it off with only 4 days to go can't wait to see pics and read details.
Good Job,
Monte

Congrats bro!! Glad you got er done-it was looking pretty slim there for a while with all of the houndsmen activity near and on your bait site.

Way to stick it out-perseverance pays off again!!! He is a pretty bear-thanks again for stopping by last night and showing me.

Can't wait to see more of your pics.

Now we got to start scouting hard for my elk hunt :)

Cory

cant wait for the story and photos

you are not only good at drawing the tags but taking care of buisnes as well. Now for your buck this fall

Archery is a year round commitment!!

I can't wait for my deer hunt now! And Cory's elk hunt!

Oh and I put the photo's and story in a different thread called wasatch bear.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom