finally after 20 years !!

NV380

Finally drew a area 111-115 and 221-222 early bull tag and was wondering what expectations i should have have going into this hunt . Anyone been out scouting yet? Any help would be great.

Congrats! My Dad drew the same tag after 10 years and niether of us has ever been this excited for a hunt.

We did some looking around this weekend and seen LOTS of elk. The feed on the mountain is ridiculous and the growth on some of the bulls has benefited from it. I was dissapointed at the number of deer and lack of fawns that were seen.

Glass...glass...glass and you can't go wrong. Good luck and have fun!

I have went out a couple times also have the same tag. The best I have found so far will go around 365 to 370 also found one bull that's a 9 by 2 pretty unique I have videos and pictures if I happen to run into you I'll share since I don't have a way to post them. I'll be heading down again soon so if your headed out hit me up I'll five you some ideas.

9X2 BULL THAT IS AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD! WE CALL HIM SHEP! HE IS EASILY 150 POUNDS BIGGER THEN ANY BULL IN THE UNIT. THE MASS HE HAS IS INSANE.

That would be him he is easy to sneak up on too I was around 10 feet away before I decided to leave probably a thousand pound bull. Do you know if anyone has picked up his shed?

YEAH, A LOCAL GUIDE FROM ELY USUALLY PICKS IT UP. LAST YEARS I DON'T THINK HAS BEEN FOUND YET, BUT HE HAS AT LEAST 6 YEARS OF HIS SHED BEFORE LAST YEARS. HE (SHEP AS WE CALL HIM "THE ELK")HAS TO BE CLOSE TO 17 OR 18 YEARS OLD. A ARCHERY HUNTER 2 YEARS AGO SHOT HIM IN THE NECK AND HE SURVIVED. IT IS FUNNY TO WATCH HIM RUT, BULLS ARE SCREAMING AND THEN THEY SEE HIM AND TURN AND RUN, I THINK JUST FROM HIS BODY SIZE. YOU COULD SEE FROM THE OTHER BULLS HE IS SUMMERING WITH THIS YEAR, HE IS HUGE. I AM GUESSING THAT HIS HORN THIS YEAR IS A TRUE 200 " ANTLER, WHAT WOULD YOU GUESS? AFTER SEEING HIM UP CLOSE?

That bulls been around for a long time. Here's a pic of ,what I believe, has been his biggest good side to date. It scored 194" by an offical measurer at this years hunt expo in slc.

6755yep.jpg

That's awesome after comparing the video to that shed I do believe he is a little bit bigger this year. Might have to keep track of him this year.

Just my opinion, but I would have a really hard time believing a bull as old as shep is now would grow more than he did in his prime. Here is another year of his shed that was just under 190". And both together, they are absolutely huge in person. Congrats on the tag, good luck and I hope you kill a good bull!

4698yep2.jpg

3000yep1.jpg

Congrats to you guys for drawing a hard to get elk tag!! I seen video of the shep bull a couple of years ago and yes he is a monster..Would you guys shoot him even though he is only a 2 point on one side? Are any of you from the ely area? Was out all weekend and seen a few bulls but nothing to big yet.

NV4LIFE WE CAN GO AND SEE HIS MASS THIS YEAR EVEN MORE AND EXTRA POINT FROM LAST YEAR. IT IS BIGGER THEN THE ONE THE GIRL IS HOLDING EASILY. LET ME KNOW WE WILL GO SCORE HIM TOGETHER.

NV380, I PERSONALY WOULD NOT SHOOT HIM, BUT ITS ALL UP TO THE TAG HOLDER, IT'S WHAT IS A TRUE TROPHY TO THEM IF THEY WANTED TO SHOOT HIM. I CAN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT HAVING TO EAT THAT MEAT LOL STRAIGHT JERKY..

Thanks for posting that for me. I don't intend to shoot him either just ran into him on my way back to elko, made the trip worth it too!

I hunted in Unit 111 in 2005 (cow ml tag), and saw a bull that resembled this bull. I wonder if its the same bull? Pretty neat.

Its hard to believe he is still that big after so many years, if only the other side matched. I agree i wouldnt shoot him either. How high of goals do you have and what size bull are you willing to settle for?

Good luck with your tag. My headline would say the same thing with 17 points and no tag yet.I would let that Bull go also and let him die of old age. Just let him keep breeding.

Tell your brother congratulations on a nice bull. From what i hear its hard to find a nice bull thats not broken. Did u see alot of broken bulls last year? Congrats on the late tag. Hopefully you can find what you are after. A 350 bull is a really nice bull now days. Thats about the same size im hoping to get, but it would be sweet to find something bigger.

I was lucky enough to draw this tag as well. I have so much area to cover I dont know what to do!!! Where to be opening day. I dont know lol. My goal is set high...... around 370 and up for first week. Then they might go down to 360 for the last week maybe depending on what im seeing. Refuse to shoot 350 and under. This is one hell of a tag and it go big or go home. I have high hopes for this hunt. Good luck to ya. Im gonna knock a big boy down. Post pics. Ill be sure to as well

nvracks49-great tag-I had that tag last year and set my goal like yours and ended up eating my tag but it was a great hunt! good luck

Anyone been looking in 221? I have late cow in 221 and a new born so no scouting in my near future.

That bull video is cool as sh!t. What a freak!

FNG

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom