Finally saw 2 bucks in unit 73

mickeymouseoutfitters

After burning 2 tanks of gas and two weeks scouting, I finally saw two bucks in unit 73. Even with hiking around that unit, I am not seeing as many deer as when the four point or better rule was enforce. I'll keep looking, but with the 2000 other hunters, I don't have any hope for that unit. I'll see if I can talk my young boys, which have never been hunting, out of me having to harvest one for their experience. Last year they were dissapointed that they couldn't go because they were sick, so I didn't harvest one. It will be all up to them if I harvest one or not. I've taken them out before and after the hunt, but never during. I sure hope someone else is seeing the deer, because I'm sure not.

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. I want to give him the antlers that hang from my wall and tell him the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

We saw lots of bucks in some scouting trips last year but come opener there were just so many people where we were at first. If you wanted to shoot one you better be ready to throw lead quick. Had two average bucks shot (at but missed) right in front of us as I was taking the time to look them over. PM me if you want to trade notes. If I hunt it again I will be spending more time in less crowded areas (if that's possible in this unit).

I was told by the biologest that next year they might try to make the unit a first choice draw only to cut the tag numbers by 500 or so! For example it would be unlimited tags to those who used it as there first choice! The unit needs it! I was told the populating was looking good again this year! But I never hunted it in the 80's when it was real good! " from what I've been told"

I can't believe it, my last resort hunny hole held two nice bucks. Should have brought the camera because they were by a atv trail and there is a really good chance that they will not be there opening day. So that was 2 bucks, plus the 2 nice ones, plus the two yearlings that was with them, plus the 2 I saw driving up there. Eight total bucks I have seen so far in unit 73. I don't think that is a good ratio, 8:2000. Eight bucks to 2000 hunters.

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. I want to give him the antlers that hang from my wall and tell him the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

I usually do see some moose, but this time I have been seeing elk.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom