finding the best arrow rest

sharpshinned

guys...I am at a containment arrow rest crisis. The only one that I can honestly stick to is the whisker biscuit. Its perfect, except it just bugs me that my vanes actually go through there and eventually wear quicker than usual. I've tried a bunch...drop aways (golden key mirage and ripcord) but, they don't work perfect time after time. And, I want simplicity for the field. So....should I just stay with the "biscuit"....or is there a better way?

If it works for you stick with it. I would rather occasionally change my fletchings or lose a 1/2 foot per second in speed, than miss the animal I am shooting at.
gens

I love my trophy taker drop away. I know its a little more complicated than a biscuit, but they've got a great reputation and I can't think of any problems mine has given. Shoot i can't think of anyone ever having a problem with one period.

The whisker buiscuit is an awesome rest for hunting and for 3-d i prefer the trophy taker. It will shoot more accurately. The less time an arrow is on a rest during recoil the more accurate your shot will be. Hope that makes sense.

Ok guys...I've talked to everybody I know that "tinkers" with their equipment a lot and the general feeling is this: Trophy Taker, Ripcord or Whisker biscuit...the three best options. I guess I will try them all this summer and see which performs the best. Keep the ideas coming....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom