Fingers Crossed

MaineFlatlander

We all have an opinion on how well our wardens do their job but...

I have word that late yesterday a Maine warden pilot left a warden camp in northern Maine and was probably caught in a sudden snow squal. He hasn't been seen or heard from since. My fingers are crossed he made an emergency landing on one of the many ponds and lakes and is waiting for rescue.

For those of you who are not familar with that area it is miles and miles of nothing but trees. It is still winter in northern Maine with temps near zero last night.My fingers are crossed for a happy outcome as the search gets underway today.

Hope they find him sitting on one of the many frozen lakes waiting to get out.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-11 AT 07:32AM (MST)[p]Let's hope you're right and we'll send up a prayer that he's found safe and sound!!!

I just got an update. The crash site was spotted from the air at first light. A ground crew has made its way to the site and the warden pilot did not survive.

His family will be in my thoughts. A sad day for all law enforcement in Maine- a very small close family.

That's a shame and too bad when so many put their life on the line every day and not many people think of them that way! May he RIP!!!

Thank you for posting this. It is a good reminder to all of us that these men and women are not any different than the rest of us. We all have jobs to do and at the end of our day we should all make it home to our families.

Today we all got to say good bye to a fine man. It was nice to see law enforcement from all across New England and Eastern Canada all together in support. I didn't know him well but remember working a moose poaching case with him while I was a K-9 handler with the state police. RIP Warden Gordon.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom