FIRE CAUSED BY FIREARMS?

It happens every year, unfortunately. On the bright side, it thins out the trees providing better feed.

It happens every year, unfortunately. On the bright side, it thins out the trees providing better feed.

Three people are in custody.

Maybe it's illegal to start a fire with a firearm?

You got me Bbop!

Eel

Three people are in custody.

Maybe it's illegal to start a fire with a firearm?

You got me Bbop!

Eel

How do they know it started with a firearm? Give me a break, they tried this B.S. a few years back here in Cali.

Thanks Brownie

How do they know it started with a firearm? Give me a break, they tried this B.S. a few years back here in Cali.

Thanks Brownie

I've been on that firebreak road many times, and there were posted signs about no shooting between such and such- if they were illegally shooting that would warrant the arrest, not so much the sccidental fire....that'll just add to the fine, when they seek reimbursment for the cost of fighting the fire.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

I've been on that firebreak road many times, and there were posted signs about no shooting between such and such- if they were illegally shooting that would warrant the arrest, not so much the sccidental fire....that'll just add to the fine, when they seek reimbursment for the cost of fighting the fire.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

out of the 4 fires this week around this area 3 of them was caused by firearms according to the fire dept.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

out of the 4 fires this week around this area 3 of them was caused by firearms according to the fire dept.

How do firearms start fires? Copper and lead doesn't spark. Unless they were using tracers I don't see how they could.

For long distance dial 1-800-338-EDGE

How do firearms start fires? Copper and lead doesn't spark. Unless they were using tracers I don't see how they could.

I was about 16, my Uncle was 19. He, along with me as his spotter, had been shooting his Savage 30-06 at the old white rock that was about 200 yds above the old home place of my Grandparents ranch. For some reason, i was back inside with Grandma when he called out. Russ had ventured back outside and upon looking up at the big ol bare hill above and behind the "rock", he notice a thin vein of smoke and a black spot no bigger than a garbage can.

"FIRE" he yelled, "FIRE"

Uncle Russ and i had been trained by Grandpa in such situations as it was really not that rare to have a fire now and again somewhere along the County road that ran through a lot of the ranch properties. We each grabbed a 5 gal Bucket that was full of water soaked barley gunny sacks. One of our chores was to make sure that these buckets always got fresh water and never evaporated out. Anyway, we each grabbed a bucket of stinking wet sacks and threw them in the back of our old military ranch jeep and hauled ass as fast as she'd go up that road with high anticipations of having to putting out that "FIRE"

By the time we got there, the fire had spread to backyard size, was growing and was moving pretty fast toward the old two track ranch road. We parked a bit below and grabbing our buckets, we soon were beating the fire down with the wet sacks as it approached the road. Grandma had called down the hill to the Volunteer FD and they arrived 5-10 minutes later but we had pretty much drew the line along that 2 track and had kept the growing fire from jumping the old ranch road. We saved the day and felt pretty darn good about it with only minor reservations.

Of coarse, we had no idea how that fire had got started and Grandma kept our secret. If that "FIRE" had jumped that ranch road, it would easily have gone for miles and miles and surely burned many thousands of prime deer and cattle country acres. Russ and i had done good that day with only sore throats, from breathing in all that smoke, for our efforts. I believe he and i are the only ones living that know for sure that, that fire was started by his ricochet '06 bullet sparked off the ol white rock up on the hill. Until now that is...

Joey

I was about 16, my Uncle was 19. He, along with me as his spotter, had been shooting his Savage 30-06 at the old white rock that was about 200 yds above the old home place of my Grandparents ranch. For some reason, i was back inside with Grandma when he called out. Russ had ventured back outside and upon looking up at the big ol bare hill above and behind the "rock", he notice a thin vein of smoke and a black spot no bigger than a garbage can.

"FIRE" he yelled, "FIRE"

Uncle Russ and i had been trained by Grandpa in such situations as it was really not that rare to have a fire now and again somewhere along the County road that ran through a lot of the ranch properties. We each grabbed a 5 gal Bucket that was full of water soaked barley gunny sacks. One of our chores was to make sure that these buckets always got fresh water and never evaporated out. Anyway, we each grabbed a bucket of stinking wet sacks and threw them in the back of our old military ranch jeep and hauled ass as fast as she'd go up that road with high anticipations of having to putting out that "FIRE"

By the time we got there, the fire had spread to backyard size, was growing and was moving pretty fast toward the old two track ranch road. We parked a bit below and grabbing our buckets, we soon were beating the fire down with the wet sacks as it approached the road. Grandma had called down the hill to the Volunteer FD and they arrived 5-10 minutes later but we had pretty much drew the line along that 2 track and had kept the growing fire from jumping the old ranch road. We saved the day and felt pretty darn good about it with only minor reservations.

Of coarse, we had no idea how that fire had got started and Grandma kept our secret. If that "FIRE" had jumped that ranch road, it would easily have gone for miles and miles and surely burned many thousands of prime deer and cattle country acres. Russ and i had done good that day with only sore throats, from breathing in all that smoke, for our efforts. I believe he and i are the only ones living that know for sure that, that fire was started by his ricochet '06 bullet sparked off the ol white rock up on the hill. Until now that is...

Joey

>How do firearms start fires? Copper
>and lead doesn't spark. Unless
>they were using tracers I
>don't see how they could.
>
>
>
>For long distance dial 1-800-338-EDGE

A lot of old surplus ammunition has steel core bullets which can.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>How do firearms start fires? Copper
>and lead doesn't spark. Unless
>they were using tracers I
>don't see how they could.
>
>
>
>For long distance dial 1-800-338-EDGE

A lot of old surplus ammunition has steel core bullets which can.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-11 AT 01:41PM (MST)[p]So yeah, my above true story is just one case where a bullet caused a fire but i got away from the point of the thread, at least as i see it.

Should you be seeked out, arrested, put in jail, and made to pay for the destruction of valuable timber and any fire suppression costs, from shooting targets or otherwise, in what would normally be a acceptable manor on our public lands if a bullet somehow misbehaves and causes a fire?

I see this all the time around here and it always gives me pause for thought. This could happen to anybody. A guy running around with a blow torch, yes, i can see that but sometimes it's just a guy with his kid out shooting cans against a dirt bank with a 22.

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-11 AT 01:41PM (MST)[p]So yeah, my above true story is just one case where a bullet caused a fire but i got away from the point of the thread, at least as i see it.

Should you be seeked out, arrested, put in jail, and made to pay for the destruction of valuable timber and any fire suppression costs, from shooting targets or otherwise, in what would normally be a acceptable manor on our public lands if a bullet somehow misbehaves and causes a fire?

I see this all the time around here and it always gives me pause for thought. This could happen to anybody. A guy running around with a blow torch, yes, i can see that but sometimes it's just a guy with his kid out shooting cans against a dirt bank with a 22.

Joey

>>How do firearms start fires? Copper
>>and lead doesn't spark. Unless
>>they were using tracers I
>>don't see how they could.
>>
>>
>>
>>For long distance dial 1-800-338-EDGE
>
>
>A lot of old surplus ammunition
>has steel core bullets which
>can.
>
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Ah, That makes sense!

>>How do firearms start fires? Copper
>>and lead doesn't spark. Unless
>>they were using tracers I
>>don't see how they could.
>>
>>
>>
>>For long distance dial 1-800-338-EDGE
>
>
>A lot of old surplus ammunition
>has steel core bullets which
>can.
>
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Ah, That makes sense!

since guns kill innocent people and animals,
and know they start the shrubery on fire.WTF ever

i say ban them all and go back to chuck'n spears,then you would really have brag'n rights about your trophy.

since guns kill innocent people and animals,
and know they start the shrubery on fire.WTF ever

i say ban them all and go back to chuck'n spears,then you would really have brag'n rights about your trophy.

I've been runing a wildland fire crew for around 15 years. It does happen. Muzzleloaders, tracers, and sometimes regular ammo. I know some fires started this way, the people that were shooting were still there and told us how they started it.

Bad deal, just out having fun and this happens. Most of us dont even think about it when were target shooting.

www.nationwidehuntingadventures.com

I've been runing a wildland fire crew for around 15 years. It does happen. Muzzleloaders, tracers, and sometimes regular ammo. I know some fires started this way, the people that were shooting were still there and told us how they started it.

Bad deal, just out having fun and this happens. Most of us dont even think about it when were target shooting.

www.nationwidehuntingadventures.com

We had a fire on the gun range a few weeks back, Had all the fire guys and girls there, So yep a little bullet can start up a fire BUT it seems out here the fire dept call every other fire a bullet caused fire.I wonder if they can't figure out what caused it so they just label them as a firearm fire.

We had a fire on the gun range a few weeks back, Had all the fire guys and girls there, So yep a little bullet can start up a fire BUT it seems out here the fire dept call every other fire a bullet caused fire.I wonder if they can't figure out what caused it so they just label them as a firearm fire.

From what I heard?

And don't know if it was True?

They were shooting at some kind of explosives!

You know,trying to ignite them with their guns/bullets!

I think there's some of the same kinda stuff happening in KALI!

You know,tannerite & such!

Hell Sakes!

Half the EarthQuakes recorded in KALI are man made!:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

From what I heard?

And don't know if it was True?

They were shooting at some kind of explosives!

You know,trying to ignite them with their guns/bullets!

I think there's some of the same kinda stuff happening in KALI!

You know,tannerite & such!

Hell Sakes!

Half the EarthQuakes recorded in KALI are man made!:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

You could always call up Nosler and ask them about the little fire that blew the buildings roof 10 feet up in the air a while back. That was caused by shooting. 'course it didn't help to have a bunch of unburned powder running almost the full length of their basement 50 yard range and right into the storage room, "allegedly".

You could always call up Nosler and ask them about the little fire that blew the buildings roof 10 feet up in the air a while back. That was caused by shooting. 'course it didn't help to have a bunch of unburned powder running almost the full length of their basement 50 yard range and right into the storage room, "allegedly".

Wow Now you bring it to my attention. Never really thought to look for smoke but I once shot a deer now I think about it he ran like he was one fire.

Rutnbuck

Wow Now you bring it to my attention. Never really thought to look for smoke but I once shot a deer now I think about it he ran like he was one fire.

Rutnbuck

B-Bop I heard you averted a fire by pouring water on the barrel of a smoldering hot 338 Lapua on the Dutton a couple of years ago. That could have been a disaster if you weren't there.

B-Bop I heard you averted a fire by pouring water on the barrel of a smoldering hot 338 Lapua on the Dutton a couple of years ago. That could have been a disaster if you weren't there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom