Fire restrictions?

KUte

I am coming from out of town to hunt around the Moon Lake area (my last hunting location with my late father). What is the likelihood that there will be fire restrictions? Any news how the area is doing?

You'll have to Watch & Check Restrictions by the day!

I Was At Moon Lake 1 Week ago today!

They've had some Flash Floods that Have caused Quite a Bit of Erosion Where The Fire Burnt Last Year & No New Vegetation To Help Reduce the Erosion!

Water Level in Moon Lake is Quite a ways Down but Last Sunday it Was Up Slightly from the Previous few weeks!

They Had The Moon Lake Campground Closed due to the Weather That's Making a Mess from Cutting Slots in the Ground & The Ash From the Fire!

Rumor is they Cancelled all Reservations & If it Opens back up it Will Be First Come First Serve on the Campground!

Thanks for the information. Does anyone know how the deer hunt was handled last season? Did they have fire restrictions during the hunt? Did hunters adhere to the restrictions?

Last Deer Season Was CLOSED In Several Areas Due to the Fire that was burning!

Ya!

We Had a Big Fire during the Hunts!

They Either adhered or Got Citations!

There Was Law Officials From All over the State Up Here Trying to Keep TARDS Safe!

Thanks for the information. Does anyone know how the deer hunt was handled last season? Did they have fire restrictions during the hunt? Did hunters adhere to the restrictions?

Last Deer Season Was CLOSED In Several Areas Due to the Fire that was burning!

Ya!

We Had a Big Fire during the Hunts!

They Either adhered or Got Citations!

There Was Law Officials From All over the State Up Here Trying to Keep TARDS Safe!
Thanks Elksssasin. I guess I should have researched the area before putting in for the tag. It looks like the fire was contained to the west and south of moon lake. We have hunted north of mill park/center park to the east of moon lake. We would pack in a little bit and find some man-made fire pits. Is it safe to assume these will be restricted? Are stoves allowed?

I'm guessing Washington county is regretting lifting their fire restrictions. Now that pine valley mnt is on fire from a campfire.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom