Firearms Auction near me

WVHUNTER

Very Active Member
This is a firearms auction near me that you guys might enjoy looking at. But these guns won't go cheap.

A couple of years ago I purchased an Inland M1 Carbine from them. Bid $1,050 but had over $300 in buyers premium, Virginia sales tax and shipping.

Did I pay too much? Could I have got one cheaper off Gunbroker? That's a maybe.

In the early 90s I happened upon a deal where a lady on the coast had some guns she wanted to get rid of. The deal happened through my BIL who was looking for a papered husky at this lady's house.

Anyway, she asked me to catalog her husband's stuff, five gunsafes full. She didn't want the gunshow hassle, didn't want random strangers, etc. She wanted it gone. All of it.

She had an Inland M1 carbine, but the sights had been modified. I showed her book value, told her she could probably sell it for 500 easy. Nope, she wanted it gone. I got it for half price according to the book, along with all the ammo and magazines.

You got a great deal. They are $1,000 and up now for a WW 2 M1 carbine.

Of course price now depends on a lot of different things. Winchesters are a little higher, matching WW2 manufacture parts are higher. Ones with import marks are a little less, of course good original condition are higher.

I have always wanted an M1 Carbine. My father spent two and a half years in the Army Air Force in WW2 in the pacific. The M1 Carbine was the rifle they were issued so he had one in his tent for two and a half years.

He didn’t think much of it, thought it was a piece of crap. He said he could shoot at a cockatoo 100ft away sitting in coconut tree and couldn’t hit close enough to make it fly.

My uncle carried an M2 as a Chaplains bodyguard during WW2 on Tinian, Saipan, Tarawa, Guadalcanal and a couple other places.

Last edited:
More on light arms in the Army Air Force. At some point n the war, Philippines I think, each tent was issued a Thompson sub machine gun. Not each soldier but each tent.

Officers and flying personnel were issued 45s.

Infantry privates were not issued 45s but they wanted them because they were attacked in their fox holes at night. An M1 Garand wasn’t much more than a club if someone was already on top of you in the dark with a dagger. So infantryman would come to the Air Force camp to trade the people out of their 45s. After the airman traded their 45s for a Japanese sword or dagger they would just go to the armory and tell them that theirs had been stolen or left in the plane and get a new one.

And I know that M2 was fully automatic. I saw some guys at a gun show that had one that you could go to their place and shoot it for a fee. It was a three hour drive from me so I never went.

This auction has closed so if you click on it now you can see what the guns sold for.
A 17% buyers premium, sales tax and shipping would be added to these prices.

Im surprised the M336 went for so much and I thought the M39A was a decent purchase at $542.

I thought most of it sold pretty high. I bought a M336 30-30 45 yers ago from a fiend for $75 when he needed money. But they were just a hundred and something new then. I think the $700 range is what they are going for but by the time they paid the extras they had $900 in it. I gave it to my son and he still has it.

There were three M1 Carbines that went for nine something but they will have $1,200 in them with the extras. But that’s probably not too far off.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom