FIRES IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
We've Got the EAST FORK Fire in the Primitive/Non Primitive that's been Burning since August 21st!

The Wind Has been a JOKE & Spread the Fire Quick!

We Finally had a Storm Roll in Yesterday with Rain & Snow!

But The Wind Has been Hitting Hard!

We've Got Snow on the Ground here this Morning so I'm Hoping the Storm has Helped Slow the Fire Down!

Yes,I Know This Fire isn't as Big as some of the other Fires around the States!

Wondering What the Fires are looking like in your Neck of the Woods?

CA. Is still burning. Several fires. A bad one down by Mammoth blew 15 miles in one day, started by a couple doing a baby gender reveal party and firecrackers or some such nonsense. A few small ones up here in NE CA. That were started by a guy pulling a trailer with a flat tire. Driving it on the rim. He must not of been looking in his mirrors much, unless it happened awful fast.

The East Fork fire has literally blown up to 50,000 acres now and the entire area that I had scouted for the youth tag for my son is now closed for the forseeable future.

I had it planned out to exactly where I was going to park the travel trailer and exactly where we were going to be sitting in the dark waiting for first light on opening morning.

About to flip a coin between the Kamas unit or sticking with the southslope area either moving a bit farther west or east of where the fire has everything closed.

This is smoke from the creek fire in cali....unit 184 nevada on monday
BBC2F576-2136-4A38-B899-08F491A8DC3A.jpeg

CA. Is still burning. Several fires. A bad one down by Mammoth blew 15 miles in one day, started by a couple doing a baby gender reveal party and firecrackers or some such nonsense. A few small ones up here in NE CA. That were started by a guy pulling a trailer with a flat tire. Driving it on the rim. He must not of been looking in his mirrors much, unless it happened awful fast.
the gender reveal fire is the one in San Bernardino county....

It's 1:25pm here and it looks like about 6:30am. I can't see well enough to mow the lawn, (not that I would. Screw that! :mad: ). We can't even pull the curtains.

Had to evacuate my father in law this morning. Fire to east of him about 30 miles yesterday is 5 miles north of his house today.

Yesterday a HARD east wind was blowing smoke to our area from this fire and it was nighttime dark outside although with a red hue to it. The crickets were chirping, they thought it was night. Never seen it so dark from smoke.

Blacktail season is looking grim....
20200908_145951.jpg

This was at 3 pm yesterday where I work.

Last edited:
Fishing Reports

9-9-2020 It was a scene out of the Twilight Zone. After crossing the Bar in the dark we were greeted by fog on the water and smoke above from the wildfires inland. The yellowish pall gave a surreal feel to the entire day. It always felt like it was 8pm. The dark yellow air made it hard to see the lines and anything on the water. While not wide open the tuna were biting pretty good. And they were big ones. We started off with singles and then had a few doubles and a triple plus some live bait fish. By the time the fish were biting good the wind had come up. Eventually the wind was blowing hats off and sending walls of water over the rail. This did not slow our anglers down one bit. Eventually though, common sense prevailed and after one good last hit on the fish we pulled the lines in and headed for home. By then the wind was blowing 20 knots and the ride home wasn't the best. The fish on ice in the fish box made it a little more tolerable though. Thanks to the gang today for sticking it out for one of the strangest tuna fishing trips ever.

On one side of the valley, everything from Quincy to Oroville is toast. Parts of Oroville being evacuated. On the other side, I'd be surprised if they get that one out anytime soon. I think the August Complex is over 300,000 acres now. Crazy

hwy

I live in central California.

The “Creek Fire” is destroying the mountains where I have been hunting and fishing for 50 years.
It should be called the Democrate/Sierra Club fire. Their enviromental policies caused it.

Tens of thousands of people have been evacuated as it encroaches on and burns some small mountain towns,

It is moving so fast hundreds of campers had to be airlifted out, leaving their cars, campers and boats to burn.

Eel just sent me a link that they shut down all 18 national forests until further notice.
How can they shut down National Forests I have never heard of that before.
Sucks for the Archery guys and it is getting closer to my hunting spot now. That spot was plan B what now?

Those road closed due to fire or logging signs work well both ways.....

When you pass one, throw it in the brush, when asked why you are in a closed zone, you say you didnt see a sign....then weeks later when the road is opened you put it back out to deter other hunters. Win/win

Eel just sent me a link that they shut down all 18 national forests until further notice.
How can they shut down National Forests I have never heard of that before.
Sucks for the Archery guys and it is getting closer to my hunting spot now. That spot was plan B what now?

It’s happened several times for the Angeles and San Bernardino.

Rifle starts next week in the B-zones (California blacktails) and with closures and fires, I'm effed in most of my B-zones. The closures are day-to-day and hopefully things will calm down in a week. I gotta get into the field!!

The August Complex (Mendocino) is the biggest in state history, over 471,000 acres but only 24% contained. On the plus side, with the 2018 Ranch fire (459k acres), habitat should improve in the B-zones in the next several years.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom