First Archery Buck

G-Hought3

Well I finally got it done! Over the years I’ve had dedicated hunter or Wyoming tags where I could hunt multiple weapons, this was the first tag where I was stuck hunting only with a bow. Although it was about a 7 hour drive one way I put in about 10-12 days scouting and hunting over the course of mid august till now. Most of that time I was after one particular buck, but happened to be in the right place at the right time and ran into this guy at close range. Made an awesome stalk on him and finally punched my tag! I am not great at stories but always want to contribute here. With 39.5” of mass he totally fooled me till I had him on the ground. I thought I had lowered my standards a bit for some cool cheaters, only to find out he grew on the ground 20+” from what I was expecting!
IMG_4601.jpeg
IMG_4623.jpeg

He was probably just a day or two from rubbing off. The velvet looks to be in pretty good shape.
He got a couple scratches when he fell but yes other than that it was perfect! He was completely done growing and we were seeing more bucks shedding their velvet every day.

Let’s hear some guesses! Then once I post it we can hear the “I don’t see it” doubters ?
I love these games! With the 39.5" of mass and the cheaters this guy is big and probably passing the benchmark that most guys dream about.

I am coming up with 198 4/8"

Some of you about nailed it! Others are close to what I originally guessed him at. Before I saw him on the ground I thought he was around 175. We scored him at 195 1/5” with the following that I can remember. My buddy scored him while I was cutting meat.
Mass 39.5
Beams 23.5
G2’s 17.5
Outside spread was 27.5, I think inside was around 24
Eye-guards 9.5” total and 3” of extras

Some of you about nailed it! Others are close to what I originally guessed him at. Before I saw him on the ground I thought he was around 175. We scored him at 195 1/5” with the following that I can remember. My buddy scored him while I was cutting meat.
Mass 39.5
Beams 23.5
G2’s 17.5
Outside spread was 27.5, I think inside was around 24
Eye-guards 9.5” total and 3” of extras
No Way! Not an eighth over 170...Just messing with you man! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness, I don't have any experience with deer that big, so I believe you cause you put the tape to him. Awesome buck!

Who cares what a deer Iike yours scores. He’s an absolute stud and the caliber of deer you shoot and completely disregard the score. Not many are fortunate enough to admire a deer such as yours on their wall everyday. Congrats!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom