first bear taken in 08?

tayhot

Shot this bear opening morning at 6:00 am after calling for 10 minutes. I was in a stand and he came in behind me where I shot him from 10 yards. Kind of scary as I was by myself and this was the same bear who broke off my trail the day before. Estimated weight is 325-350 lbs. What a great cinammon coat he has. Cant wait to get him back from the taxidermist.

48b0d92e01af684f.jpg

48b0d9ad04bd4f2f.jpg

Congats on your bear, he looks dang sure big enough. Where do you live, Rio , by chance?

Yeah that bottom picture looks alot like over here by my house in Rio.

None the less, thats a heck of a good bear....

That is awesome... How did the neighbor hood in Ventana Ranch react? I can take a guess that wouldnt be pinon point sub would it?

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom