First bow

ADM

I'm getting the new rampage xt for Christmas from the wife. It will be my first bow and was wondering what everybody would equip it with? Don?t have a lot of knowledge about archery hunting, so any suggestions would be great.

if its your first bow I take your fairly new to the sport?

I would sudgest a wisker bisket for your rest.
I would say any fixed pin sight. 3 pins might be a better choice tell you get a feel for it.

haha Im getting a new bow for xmas too ha!
rampage or CRX havn't made up my mind yet

Congrat's on getting into archery.
+1 on the whisker biscut as your arrow rest. You will get a lot of suggestions on gearing up your bow because everyone has their favorite toys. There are a lot of good sights on the market with various amount of pins. Stableizers, vibration suppressors etc.

I suggest picking quality items in your price range that you will not need to upgrade anytime soon if possible. Gearing up a new bow can get real expensive. It is real easy to spend $500.00 plus on items.

I would suggest picking up a 5 pin sight if you only want to purchase one sight. As you get into shooting more you will out grow a lesser pin sight quickly. You will want to take practice shots out 40-50 yds...You will need the additional pins to set your ranges. You don't need to use all the pins now ...just lower them to the bottom out of the way and concentrate on close range shooting three pins out no more than 30 yds until you are deadly and it all seems so easy. That way you won't wind up with a three pin sight in the closet.

There are alot of MM posts on arrows and broadheads that shoot like field points out to 60 yds. Again, everyone has their favorites...Read through the past postings to help you decide on these items based on your price range. The more you can spend on quality now the less you will need to spend later to replace an under performing product.

Our Group all shoots Black Gold FlashPoint 5 pin sight's, extreamly bright pins in dark timber.
Our hunting setup is:
Arrows are Easton FMJ340, Blazer vanes with G-5 Strikers. Six shot groups with target points as well as G-5 striker broadheads are the size of a softball at 60 yards.

You will need to pick up a rangefinder if you plan to hunt. Always: Only take ethical shots within your effective range.

Good Shoot'n

))).....>

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom