First coyote for my Cur

cjg_beef

Don?t normally hunt this time of year because the fur isn't prime and it's just too blazing hot. But the forcast for Saturday looked like it?d be overcast in the morning keeping the temperature down and plus I had most of my chores done around the house. So I took Tez out on Saturday to see if I could get him his first coyote. Had an adult female show up on the second stand and spot Tez almost as soon as I spotted her. He didn't see the coyote but she was locked onto him. She froze for a second and then started moving in but towards our downwind. She got to about 75 yards and winded us. I stopped her at about 200 yards and let the AR bark and heard the meat report. All the while Tez didn't quite know what was going on but once we went to recover the coyote he knew what had happened. Think he'll make a good hunting partner but need to work with him some more and hope he catches on.

Image032.jpg

Workman Predator Calls Field Staff

Hoping to get out some more the end of August and crossing my fingers that the numbers will be better than last year. Some of our best areas where calling in 20+ coyotes in a two day trip we only called in a few. Numbers have been down drastically the last couple of years around here.

Workman Predator Calls Field Staff

Nice. I know next winter I'm gunna regret not getting a Cur this year. Thanks for sharing.

HK

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom