First Sheep Tag, It only took 33 yrs.

TUT

LAST EDITED ON May-30-13 AT 10:40AM (MST)[p]Desert Bighorn Sheep
Pine Valley, Virgin River Unit (Down By the St Gorge area)
Season Dates; October 26 ---- December 27th

After 33 years of putting in for sheep in multiple states over the years I finally received confirmation that I will get my ?first? and probable last sheep tag.
I have scouted many units over the years, but the Pine Valley, Virgin River Unit for only the last few.
If possible I am asking for "any sheep info" on the unit. Hopefully anyone that knows their habits on that unit, their habits seem to differ from other units that I have scouted.

I would really like to talk to anyone that has hunted the unit before and share their experience of their hunt.
Please send your PM if at all possible.
Looks like I finally get to hunt sheep?!!!!

P.S. Does anyone know why the DWR took the Drawing History and Results off their site.
And not make the Eligibility be available till May 31. ?

>P.S. Does anyone know why the
>DWR took the Drawing History
>and Results off their site.
>
>And not make the Eligibility be
>available till May 31. ?
>

They didn't want anyone checking early like they were doing. I had checked before they changed it and it showed updated points for 2013. I guess they don't want you to find out early.

Congrats on the draw. My dad drew that tag also, so maybe we can share info throughout the next few months. There should be enough sheep to go around between two people.

That is wonderful to read.

To bad I didn't draw the 3rd tag this year we could have had some real fun chasing Rams!

Let me know when you are going down scouting as I would love to 'Invite Myself' to go with ya!

Robb

Congratulations TUT
33 years is a long time to wait, and hopefully the hunt will be worth the years of anticipation. I have well over 40 years of desert sheep applications with no success, so I am a wee bit envious. Hopefully next year will be a sure thing for me.
The Virgin is a great unit and they have killed some very large rams down there. I wish I knew it and could point you in a direction, but I am sure there are many on here who will help. I'd drag Robb down there if it were me, just for the laughs. ha.

Good luck in your quest and keep us posted. Sheep hunting is mostly a vicarious experience for the rest of us!

"I'd drag Robb down there if it were me, just for the laughs. ha."

Hell, I'll drive and provide my own meals and camp!!

Robb

Thanks for all your response gentlemen.
Sorry it took some time to get back to MM, sometimes it takes me a few days ?or so? to get back to the computer, so I appreciate your input and patience.
I thought 33 years was a long time littlebighorn but over 40, wow, hope you get the next tag.
Does anyone know of a past hunter(s) in this unit in the last few years. Hopefully I can get a few past experiences replies (PM's) and sheep habits in this area.
Thanks for your input, always looking for more till horns are on the ground.

I know, LBH has been applying for almost half his life! haha

Let's see.... 40 X 2 =..... well, you get the picture!

Zeke

GEEEZZZZZ!! It's only Monday and already I am being abused!
Just cause I am bald and fat and have a metal knee doesn't mean I am older than dirt!
Some younins just need a little cane whippin!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-04-13 AT 10:27AM (MST)[p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-04-13 AT 02:36?AM (

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom