First tag help....area 10 late

Z

My wife drew this tag this year. Considering this will be her first deer hunt, I want to do this right. Also, this might be out last year in Nevada since I have been stationed here for over four years and I can feel orders coming up like the flu.

I am heading up there in a few weeks once we get back from vacation. Considering there should be good snow and migration (I think) going on, should the deer be low and south or are most deer local deer that don't go? Are there any routes that are used?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and/or rewarded with beer :)

Please feel free to PM me instead of posting up if you'd like.

Z,

if you get snow, expect a great hunt. I have had buddies hunt it before a good snow and the majority of deer were still up high. But by the late hunt i would expect to have animals down low.

Had this tag two years ago....little snow...deer were still high above 8500 ft. If your a mountain goat you've got a great shot at a 180 class deer, if not you'll see tons of smaller bucks.
Aaron

One enlisted to another, currently deployed Afghanistan.

Been hunting this are for the past 15 years. The access is good, a little too good sometimes. The main marsh road will look like a highway in the late season with people thinking they can just hunt from the road. GET AWAY FROM THEM!!! The bucks are huge in the late season and they come out in numbers, IF THERE IS SNOW DOWN TO 8500 FT. Other than that, concentrate above the red manzanita at about 9500 ft. Bachelor hurds are found away from the does, mostly 3x3 and small 4x4. The larger ones will be alone usually 300 yards off the top of just about all the ridges. The places that surprise most people are the lone patches of aspens, and there's plenty of those that get pasted up. I drew the late season with my friend and mom so I will be there as well. The last two late tags were 2010 taking a 28" wide x 24" tall 4x4 and 2005 taking a 30" wide x 28" tall 3x4. Both were within 30mins on the first night, which is always suppose to be the scout for the next morning. All I did was go to 9500 ft and get at least 700 yards from the nearest road. They seem to always be there and real comfortable. Hope this helps.

Wish I could, have tried from several computers and this place blocks all attempts. Like I said, in Afghanistan. Was told to get the 2005 buck scored by several freinds though. When I get home. Didnt think he was big enough but I guess I was wrong.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom