First time hunter colorado gmu 19

D

doubleA

Looking for some info on this unit. Want to get a leftover rifle tag for Mule deer. Is there allot of public access?
This will be my first time hunting colorado. Also, I live in Fort collins, is there any close units to hunt other than 19?
I'm not lookning for a monster deer, just something with antlers.

Double,

Have you gone to the CDOW web site? They have the map of all GMUs, use that to see what is near you. Once you find a GMU that looks good then go to leftover tag list. See if any units you liked have tags left. Also check the draw and harvest stats, these will help you figure out the number of other hunters and what they have been harvesting. Hope this helps.

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

Plenty of access, tough hunting, lots of timber, terrible success rate, fewer animals both deer and elk than a lot of other units, has some big bulls though and some decent bucks as well but not easy. Gary

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom