first turkeys

sigfour

My hunting partner and I have finally bagged our birds. After many archery misses the past few seasons we finally both connected on some toms. Not unlike others posting about this years hunt, it was very windy and bird talk was limited to a few hours a day between morning and evening. We sat our pre set up blind the opener but the birds always hung up just out of range. The second day had us within range but we got caught trying to draw our bows and did not take any shots. The 3rd day we decided to move in a bit closer to the roost without the blind and try our luck. THis proved to be the right spot at the right time as we both took turns with bow and video camera. My shot connected and as he went down and flapped his wings another tom sounded off and came right in. My partner flipped me the camera and soon connected with his bird. We had our first birds and some great footage.Nothing is like good times with good friends, especially when you both tag out.
483057014bb58314.jpg

483057504e7e9be4.jpg

Much congrats!
Nothing like getting a double...on video even!

Sounds like you guys made the best considering the weather.

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

Just curious, when did you get them?

I ask because my lady friend and I just got back from the Camp Navajo and while we heard 4-5 birds every day gobbling their heads off while on the roost, once they hit the ground it was Good Bye and not even a peep as they left!

Don Martin

Oh, great job, getting a double with bows and sharp pointed sticks! Awesome.

Don,
We got them sunday morning, april 27th. Our hunt started the 25th, friday. We too heard several birds sounding off in the roost and shortly after fly down but would shut up after an hour or so. They were silent all day except for the last hour or so towards evening. They did seem to stay vocal a bit longer on sunday than the previous 2 days, perhaps since the wind wasn't as strong but who knows. Good luck if you go out again.

-Sig

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom