First Wyoming trip

C

c0ry14

LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-10 AT 08:43PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-10 AT 08:27?PM (MST)

I'm planning on putting in for Region C deer and 23 antelope. If I draw it, which it looks like I should, I was wanting to know if the hunting is acceptable up and down the Powder River on BLM land? I'm wanting to be able to walk in a couple of miles. Not road hunt. I have been told that there is plenty of land available there and very good chances of getting a good buck. I have also been told that opening day is not good to go. That I should wait a week-10 days. Also how is access to BLM?

Would I be better off in Region B?

Just wanting to get as many opinions as possible.

I appreciate any advice from anyone. Thanks in advance.

I've seen several of the deer and antelope off the Dead Horse Creek Ranch back in the 80's and they were great examples . I don't know the status of the Ranch these days though. It was good country back then.

Pat C.

Region B has a lot of private land. Unless you get permission from a landowner prior to your hunt it will be hard to find one that will allow access. I hunted 2yrs ago in B and had access to privaet land and paid $100 trespass fee. That was a steal. Many ranches were asking $300 and up. We did go 5 for 5 on bucks though. We are headed back this year also.

Mike

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom