Fishy Business...

There is always controversy when it comes to new (or potential new) world record B & C kills, especially with whitetails. Seen everything from guys doctoring the racks (dremels knocking off some of the sticker deduction points off covered over with some wood stain) to the guys spotlighting the deer
and then claiming they shot them at dusk and retrieved them the next morning. So from what I read is that the guy got a little trigger happy when he saw the horns and ended up shooting one of them off? Milo Hansen almost blew off part of the main beam of his current world record. I still think that the Jordan buck is a nicer trophy than the Hansen buck, not much on deductions on the Jordan buck.
WVBOWAK

Ya some guys will do anything for attention. Just picked up my 2010 buck from the taxidermist. He's nice but I don't care about entering him in any book.

9713jordanbuck.jpg

wvbowhunterinalaska +1 on the Jordan buck. The story behind the Jordan buck is neat also to go along witht he once world record.
With that said I can understand why the dude that shot that buck would be upset. I shot a buck that missed all-time by less than an inch yet IF he had a like a 5" G5 on the right antler he would have been in that 180 range...there will for always be the IF factor and that is what keeps us hunters going...

Can't say which side I agree with since I never even seen the buck in person but almost have to side with B&C. The G3 does seem to be coming off the G2 but I am no official scorer so my opinion is about as good as a mouse terd in a buffalo pasture.
No matter what it is a TREMENDOUS buck and happy for the lucky guy either way!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Great buck Zim. No doubt that some politics enters into these panel scores and is the reason many simply forgo to have their trophies scored. I personally feel that any worthy animal taken legally is a trophy, regardless of some net score.

Eldorado

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom