fishy moose/sheep/goat draw

madmoose

anybody else think something stinks in the draw a bit. my reason, this year and last, are the first two years since forever that there wasn't ANY leftover for the second draw, with ANY of the 3 species.. that's like a haleys comet every year. at the very least there would be tags for moose in the selway and gospel hump area.
I always found it funny that there was more applicants than tags in some units but there always was leftovers on a second draw.. hows that work???? let alone folks that wrote that unit down for a second choice.. wait and see how many tags are available for deer, elk and pronghorn..... does that mean that there wasn't enough applicants for tags available????? no...... I know there is various reasons of unclaimed tags.
explain .......what makes the moose/goat/sheep diff.?

Two things are different. 1) Demand has now caught up with and surpassed the supply of moose permits. 2) Permit fees are paid up front for moose/sheep/goat, not for deer/elk/ant. Some people who draw deer/elk/ant simply don't purchase the tags, and they then are available for 2nd draw.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom