Flash alert!

Bugler

Just got word that the meeting took place with the gov and gilstrap. Gilstrap declared that the azsfw represented ALL Az sportsmen at the meeting and that they were acting upon their "the sportsmans" behalf.
I for one was never contacted by anyone to speak on my behalf. Also G&F told them the sfw that they were on their own and did not support the bill at all.
So there you go. If we do nothing but sit still on this the azsfw will be your voice from here on out!
Tell every hunter you know write your reps not just the gov and smith but your local reps! Tell them you are not the sfw but the voter and they don't speak for you.
I'm turnin in. Goodnight from the top of the rim.
JD Pepper

Keep at it Az sportsman, dont let SFW get their foot in the door. SFW and Don Martin will say the same old jargan about sticking together and that Peta loves to see us fight but THEIR the ones dividing hunters!

"Gilstrap declared that the azsfw represented ALL Az sportsmen at the meeting and that they were acting upon their (the sportsmans) behalf"

Do they really have a lot of support by the honest average hard working sportsman? This statement just seems like a direct slap in the face. It is apparent that these folks truly believe that they are above the common man and know what is best for AZ and their wildlife conservation system. Once again, this organization has shown that it does not care what you the sportsman think, they only care about the $$$$. I hope that AZ legislators see beyond the $$$$.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-12 AT 03:48PM (MST)[p]Thats been a SFW tactic since day one...claiming they work on behalf of ALL sportsmen. As if every sportsmen in the West is a member of their pi$$ant group.

I sent JD a letter last night that I wrote to the Governor and Scott Smith.

Heres a section of that letter, I just took a wild guess that Gilstrap would make the comment about SFW representing all sportsmen.

My oh my...how would I ever guess they'd do such a thing? I bet Gilstrap forgot to mention that 3 local groups have already pulled their affiliation with AZSFW though...thats OK I reminded the Governor and Mr. Smith of it.

In true-to-form fashion, I'm sure Suzanne Gilstrap, SFW lobbyist, is claiming that sportsmen are endorsing this bill, and that AZSFW represents all sportsmen. This has become a common practice of this group throughout the Western States. Dont be misguided by their claims. Remember that over 90% of the hunting public are Do-It-Yourself public land hunters who apply faithfully for permits and are more than happy to wait their turn in line for their chances to hunt in Arizona. That same 90% are largely opposed to this type of legislation that shows preference to the wealthiest hunters and gives them unfair access to the publics wildlife resources.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom