Flat Brim Hats

HuntinFool

Let's keep this level headed and have an actual conversation about this. I'm younger than most of you guys and I enjoy wearing flat brim hats so I am having a difficult time seeing where all the hate for them comes from. Guys wear curved baseball hats, cowboy hats, Elmer Fudd hats, beanies, etc. hunting and no one cares, but when someone wears a flat brim hat the death threats start flying. Why is someone wearing a flatbrim such a big deal? There must be something to it because it's not just this forum that feels this way. Does it really effect you at all?

Guess at 47 I'm an old fart:D. I'm sure my dad laughed at our fashion when I was young too! I just laugh when I see the unshaped hat, like he laughed at us, like you'll laugh at guys half yer age when yer an old fart like me! Lol! I wouldn't take it to personally huntinfool.

Just simple stereotyping
We see a cowboy hat, we think cowboy.
We see a Flat Brim hat, we think punks and thugs.

I don't think the hate comes from the hats themselves but rather the person wearing it . Most of the younger generation flat billers I know spend most of their time smoking pot and installing smoke stacks on their diesel pickup mommy and daddy bought them . Its your hat , wear it however you please , but if you take a look at some of the other flat billers you will see where the stereotype originates .

Yep it is not the hat, but the type of person the hate is usually associated with. I have to agree that the flat billets in general are not the type of people I would my daughter bringing home! Stereo type, yes, but being a teacher working with youth everyday, I see the general trends? It does not mean I treat them different, how ever it is easy to observe how they act different!

That being said, I would suspect that the most recent issue with flat brimmed hats was a combination of music, antics, and overall sportsmanship! The hat is just and easy target. Just like the saggy pants group, etc!

I don't believe that i've made a comment before on flat brimmed hats but i too notice them when i see them. I guess i equate, wrongfully or not, flat brimmed hats with gang bangers, dope dealers, and those that don't earn their own money. Seems to me, those were the guys who started this "style."

Lately i'm seeing them more and more and they too are now becoming normal to see and not a second thought about it. Pants down off the hips? Please don't! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

LAST EDITED ON Dec-11-14 AT 01:34PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-11-14 AT 01:33?PM (MST)

We all wear our "uniforms".

If you want to look like a cowboy, you wear the hat.
If you want to look like Elmer Fudd, you wear the hat.
If you want to look like a punt, you wear the hat.

I don't care as long as you're on my side!

Zeke

edit: if you want to learn how to spell, don't come to me! LOL

LAST EDITED ON Dec-11-14 AT 04:09PM (MST)[p]Aaron, did that feel good getting that out?

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Whew!
I'm sure glad I just made it past your "pigeon hole" age for pansies! Talk about stereo-typing!

You need to lighten up a bit Aaron. I never said if you wear a cowboy hat, you became a cowboy. But the cowboys originated that hat so that's who you look like when you wear one. Get it?

Like I said, in my lighthearted post, I don't care what you look like as long as you're on my side!

Zeke

Why is that? So you can stereotype someone for wearing a hat? But I can't stereotype a certain age of men who act like complete babies? It's just what I see. Think what you want but I'm good at what I do. But let me guess since I wesr s flat brim I shouldn't work where I work right.

I wear whatever hat I feel like wearing. Cowboy hat, beanie, bent brim and yes I even wear some flat brim hats. If your are relating flat brims, with drugs, mom and dad money leaches or anything else I think your just not getting out much and enjoying the world we live in.

My boys(22, 16) both wear only flat brim hats, its the style they have grown up with and that's what they prefer. They're both damnn good boys, never touched drugs or even drink. Hard workers and avid about hunting and fishing. I hope they never date girls that are raised by judgemental parents that would think of them as anything but great boys because of the hat they wear!!!

STRAIGHT THUGIN!!!!
8665img_7793.jpg

2990img_7125.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-11-14 AT 04:08PM (MST)[p]What i above said that i equated to, was just from my experiences. HF asked the question why? I gave him my version of why for me. I surely didn't mean to ruffle any feathers and sorry you took it that way.

Joey

>
""">Dicks! """

Maybe, but it's Mr Dicks to you!
LMAO

It must be a touchy subject... this hat thingy.

I really, truly do NOT care what you wear. Hell man, wear it backwards to keep the sun off you neck for all I care.

Zeke

>I wear whatever hat I feel
>like wearing. Cowboy hat,
>beanie, bent brim and
>yes I even wear some
>flat brim hats. If
>your are relating flat brims,
>with drugs, mom and dad
>money leaches or anything else
>I think your just not
>getting out much and enjoying
>the world we live in.
>
>
>My boys(22, 16) both wear only
>flat brim hats, its the
>style they have grown up
>with and that's what they
>prefer. They're both damnn
>good boys, never touched drugs
>or even drink. Hard
>workers and avid about hunting
>and fishing. I hope
>they never date girls that
>are raised by judgemental parents
>that would think of them
>as anything but great boys
>because of the hat they
>wear!!!
>
>STRAIGHT THUGIN!!!!
>
8665img_7793.jpg

>
2990img_7125.jpg

Damn fine fish, fine looking boys. You should be proud.

Zeke

" If your are relating flat brims, with drugs, mom and dad money leaches or anything else I think your just not getting out much and enjoying the world we live in. "

Did anybody read the rest of my Post? "Lately i'm seeing them more and more and they too are now becoming normal to see and not a second thought about it. Pants down off the hips? Please don't! :)"

Joey

I think I'm going to post a video next year of me shooting a bull at 1500 yards with a 243 wearing a turbon. See what kinda ruckus I can cause on Facebook and monster muleys lol

Coloradoboy

Hat thing no not touchy. Putting a stereotype on someone Becuse of their style yes. That's what's wrong with this country these days. And savesdvice that's not what I think of my male patients in that age frame. It's a trend I've come to notice over the years. I was simply saying if you're going to stereotype flat brim wearers in a category maybe I should do the same. It was a point I was making. I'm done with this topic so do and say what you want. And zeke I wasn't referring to you. You aren't such a bad guy

Aaron, your replies make you sound like a punk. ;-) :)

Straight rimmed are becomming more popular all the time. The more non-punks wearing them the more stereotying will melow out.

>I think I'm going to post
>a video next year of
>me shooting a bull at
>1500 yards with a 243
>wearing a turbon. See what
>kinda ruckus I can cause
>on Facebook and monster muleys
>lol
>
>Coloradoboy

You would! Now that would raise and eyebrow. LMAO

Zeke

Oh but i'm am a bad guy because i truthfully answered HFools Question? so be it. lol

When i was a kid, it was long hair. My hair wouldn't be but a couple inches long in the back and my Uncles would threaten to take sheep shears to it if i didn't get a haircut! lol

You are not going to change peoples minds just because you want them to. :)

Joey

>Aaron, your replies make you sound
>like a punk. ;-)
>:)
>
>Straight rimmed are becomming more popular
>all the time. The
>more non-punks wearing them the
>more stereotying will melow out.
>

Call me a punk I don't care. I know what I am and a punk ain't It. A&$hole at times yes.

""" A&$hole at times yes. """
>

Aren't we all? and that's not a bad thing either.

Zeke

Aaron, your replies make you sound
>like a punk. ;-) :)
>
>
>Straight rimmed are becomming more popular
>all the time. The
>more non-punks wearing them the
>more stereotying will melow out.
>

^^Call me a punk I don't care. I know what I am and a punk ain't ^^It. A&$hole at times yes.

You must not be a punk because a punk would know that ;-) :) means wink smile. LOL

Yep just a stereotyping thing. I think 'thug' when I see em but not all guys that wear them are.

I wear socks with my Teva sandals and wear shorts that don't come down past my knees. I'm not an old fart either, just personal preference.

Damn feleno! I thought for sure you would post a picture of a hottie with a flat brim!

by the way socks with tevas are much more thuggish than a flat brim. Lol just razzin ya

Last time I checked We were Still livin in America & You can wear what Hat you Please!

Some don't like My: """FREE HIGH COUNTRY TUNE-UPS""" Hat!

But I still wear it!

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

I Think Zeke up on Post # 6 Nailed it!

You wanna look like a 'punt' go ahead & wear it!

And Don't Try Blaming Poor Grammar Zeke!:D

LAST EDITED ON Dec-11-14 AT 04:34PM (MST)[p]Socks and tevas? C'mon feleno yer old as dirt same as me! :D

To me if you wear something in a way that it emulates or represents being a thug or something that society disdains sometimes you are a good person wanting to be thought of as a rebel or someone who wants to say "look I'm a good guy but like this look".....don't profile everyone who looks like this.
I think, for what its worth, that we should not display anything that would cause impressionable kids or young people to want to appear this way. I am struggling to say what I mean but I believe we should never dress in a way that would cause anyone to think we condone bad behavior.
J_T_B

FINALLY a topic I have passion about!!!!

No really, you asked the question and I think it was honest.
The company I work for has done a ton of studies on the "Millenial" generation. They are VERY different in their aproaches to work, and life in general than previous generations. A lot of what they found is what is obvious to most anyway. The millenials live in the now, as a HR guys explained to us, "the WWII generation worried about survival of the world, the next 2 generations worried about the future and their families place in it, the millenials are worried about Friday". The millenial generation was raised with participation trophies and ribbons, they didn't get graded in elementary, they had their self esteem inflated intentionally in school. They weren't spanked, they weren't judged. They were born during a time of ecomomic growth, generally to homes with both parents working. There parents weren't parents, they often wanted to be equals.
Not judging you all, I work with a ton of you and your good dudes, a ton of fun. BUT, in general your not attatched, lazier, worried only about screwing off, wanna screw but not raise the baby, afraid of commitment, etc.
The flat brimmed hat is simply a way for the old geezers(i'm 40) to discribe the generation. Yeah I have boys, my oldest has flat brimmed Steelers hats. I love him to death, but he gets particiapation trophies, doesn't have grades, and "everyone plays", so he will be the 2nd generation of this foolishness.

Our worry is that because you were part of a generation that seems to lack commitment, to jobs, women, etc, that the same will be true with this sport.
I am not a hater, you asked an honest question, there is the honest answer. I realize there are generalizations, and that doesn't mean they fit everyone. Hopefully we are wrong, my kids chance to hunt will be determined by you "flatbrimmers".

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/Feleno/YeaaaahBoy_zps227c0f9d.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

And OK I am an old fart but I still know how to do Photoshop while sitting here in my shorts, sandals and socks.

I just looked in the mirror. I have on a cowboy hat, wrangler jeans,an old tee shirt under an older long sleeved western shirt,and boots. I took off my camo coat when I came in the house. Inside the camo coat is a blue bandana. In my pants pocket is a wallet, chew can, and a pocket knife. I dress "the part" I guess. If anyone were to judge me on my appearance, What do you think the judgement would be? So If you think you have me nailed down then dont bi7ch at me if I do the same to you. :cool:

Generalizing that everyone that wears a flatbrim is a wannabe thug because some thugs wear flatbrims makes as much sense as saying all black people are bad because of what happened in Ferguson. I am 18, I own two vehicles outright, I'm currently looking at houses, I am already planning my retirement, I volunteer regularly,I spend as much time with my family as I can, and I wear a flat brim almost every day that I'm not working. Overall I feel like I'm a contributing member of society and like I said, I wear a flatbrim. Thanks for the constructive comments.

I don't mind that flat brimmed hat. I didn't like it a few years back but getting use to my boys sporting them. What's really sweet is those that leave the sticker on the hat. I laugh my ass off every time I see it.

>Generalizing that everyone that wears a
>flatbrim is a wannabe thug
>because some thugs wear flatbrims
>makes as much sense as
>saying all black people are
>bad because of what happened
>in Ferguson. I am 18,
>I own two vehicles outright,
>I'm currently looking at houses,
>I am already planning my
>retirement, I volunteer regularly,I spend
>as much time with my
>family as I can, and
>I wear a flat brim
>almost every day that I'm
>not working. Overall I feel
>like I'm a contributing member
>of society and like I
>said, I wear a flatbrim.
>Thanks for the constructive comments.
>

Generalizations are just that. However, the baggy pants are a jailhouse homosexual thing, thats where it started, not sure why it is imitated. Perhaps you can explain why the flat brim. We wear cowboy hats, and bend our ball caps to create a shadow on our face, or to keep the sun out. With the flat brim, unless its noon, that don't work. Plus, I alway wondered, do you throw it away if the brim gets bent?

I could care less what kind of hat someone wears, but the flat brimmed ones just look stupid.

I'm sure many say the same about my cowboy hat too, so no hard feelings.

The flat brimmed hat originated with rappers, gangbangers, punks, and thugs so understanding the stereotpye is pretty easy. Do a little look through the hats of days gone by and it doesnt take long to realize these flat brimmers arent to bad. Dorky but still not all that bad.

50501321610-original.jpg

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

LAST EDITED ON Dec-11-14 AT 06:57PM (MST)[p]>Generalizing that everyone that wears a
>flatbrim is a wannabe thug
>because some thugs wear flatbrims
>makes as much sense as
>saying all black people are
>bad because of what happened
>in Ferguson. I am 18,
>I own two vehicles outright,
>I'm currently looking at houses,
>I am already planning my
>retirement, I volunteer regularly,I spend
>as much time with my
>family as I can, and
>I wear a flat brim
>almost every day that I'm
>not working. Overall I feel
>like I'm a contributing member
>of society and like I
>said, I wear a flatbrim.
>Thanks for the constructive comments.
>
You must hang out with Zac Griffith? Lol jk that's good for you man looks like your doing well for yourself even wearing a flat bill! I'm a young buck myself (22) but choose not to wear a flat bill. Growing up on a working cattle ranch it wasn't the cool thing to do. I've always kinda viewed as a city boy thing personally...

Coloradoboy

Both my boys play a lot of baseball. Travel ball, high school, college. The younger one still plays. More flat brim than bent. Even my oldest sons college coach in Montana gave in his last year there. If you're still relating flat brims to gangsta rap you're more than likely outta touch with reality more than just on the hat issue.

That milliniam group hoss refers to sure sounds like they were raised by the opportunity crowd!!! Lol!!!!

White guys just don't look good in flat brims. First one that comes to mind is Justin Beeber. What an @ss clown. If you wear a flattie, put a bend in it.

I'm slightly aghast at the animosity towards flat brims. At 29 it took me a little longer to get around to them, but I wear them exclusively. I don't think it makes me any worse of a person, just really like the look. To make the generalizations that are being made is just asinine.

You're not better 'n me just cause you put a bend in your hat, just makes you an old fogey that doesn't remember his youth. Get off your high horse and come back to earth.

>White guys just don't look good
>in flat brims. First one
>that comes to mind is
>Justin Beeber. What an @ss
>clown. If you wear a
>flattie, put a bend in
>it.

If ya like it shoulda putta bend on it.. says beyonce

Im pretty young n j think flat brims are dorky lookin. Also most of the ppeople ive known that wear them were losers. Only 1 or 2 weren't. So unless i know they aren't losers i subconsciously automatically associate fkat brims w punk losers. Probly wrong of me but if it . looks like a duck it USUALLY is. But not every time☺

LAST EDITED ON Dec-11-14 AT 07:24PM (MST)[p]That's probably more to do with being in Idaho than the hat? Maybe? Am I stereotyping now?

Bone, just razzin ya a little!

>Im pretty young n j think
>flat brims are dorky lookin.
>Also most of the ppeople
>ive known that wear them
>were losers. Only 1 or
>2 weren't. So unless i
>know they aren't losers i
>subconsciously automatically associate fkat brims
>w punk losers. Probly wrong
>of me but if it
> . looks like
>a duck it USUALLY is.
>But not every time☺

Typical douche bag^^^ guess I better stop wearing flat brims. Don't want ppl considering me a loser for liking my style. I'll just start wearing converse and tight ass skinny jeans. To each their own wear what you want. I'm thirty and wear flat brims. And I'm no loser work my ass off spend every second I have my daughter with her. i haven't missed a single visit and even took her mother to court for extended time and was able to get that. I pay my taxes I help those in need I do everything I feel is right to be decent person. And I don't judge anyone based off their style. That is what's wring with ppl these days is ppl like the Idahowhstever his name is kid. And no john I'm far from a gangster.

Haha nice muley. I like the humor? Aaron i think needs to relax just a bit though. You sound like an exceptional dude. Just cus i think theyre dorky doesnt mean i wouldn t treat them with respect. I respect anyone till they do sumthn to lose it.

>Haha nice muley. I like the
>humor? Aaron i think
>needs to relax just a
>bit though. You sound like
>an exceptional dude. Just cus
>i think theyre dorky doesnt
>mean i wouldn t treat
>them with respect. I respect
>anyone till they do sumthn
>to lose it.

What I need is a cigarette and some midol. Holy hell I never thought quitting smoking would make me so irritable. I'm getting off the internet and staying off till my man period goes away. Sorry if I've been a #####.

>>Haha nice muley. I like the
>>humor? Aaron i think
>>needs to relax just a
>>bit though. You sound like
>>an exceptional dude. Just cus
>>i think theyre dorky doesnt
>>mean i wouldn t treat
>>them with respect. I respect
>>anyone till they do sumthn
>>to lose it.
>
>
>What I need is a cigarette
>and some midol. Holy hell
>I never thought quitting smoking
>would make me so irritable.
>I'm getting off the internet
>and staying off till my
>man period goes away. Sorry
>if I've been a #####.
>
+1 Aaron

I don't care what kind of hat you wear as long as you can help pack a elk out the mountain. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Ha! No big deal. Every generation seeks their own identity. It wouldn't be normal if they didn't. You could even call it rebellious to a point. For the most part it's healthy, IMO.

Back in the 60's the big thing was to wear Levi's 501 and never wash them. Once you washed them you looked like a geek. It upset our parents and that's mostly why we did it.

Colin Kaepernick still looks like a goober, but it's intentional.

3395hat.jpg

>>Haha nice muley. I like the
>>humor? Aaron i think
>>needs to relax just a
>>bit though. You sound like
>>an exceptional dude. Just cus
>>i think theyre dorky doesnt
>>mean i wouldn t treat
>>them with respect. I respect
>>anyone till they do sumthn
>>to lose it.
>
>
>What I need is a cigarette
>and some midol. Holy hell
>I never thought quitting smoking
>would make me so irritable.
>I'm getting off the internet
>and staying off till my
>man period goes away. Sorry
>if I've been a #####.
>

Take up Copenhagen and you'll start bending your hat in a hurrry! LMAO

Coloradoboy

Aaron! You are a butt hole! Good to see you post every once in a while buddy!

I heard that guys who wear flat brimmed hats also wear assless chaps. But guys who wear assless chaps don't always wear flat brimmed hats.

Flat brim is not my style. Assless chaps are though.

Remember the Bell Bottom Levi's?

Who the Hell Thought they were Cool?

To quote Ol' Bess... toughen up cupcake...

Seriously, some of you thin skinned guys need to toughen up a bit. It's a hat that was insulted for Krysake, not your gramma.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

Aaron1984 said: "Putting a stereotype on someone Becuse of their style yes. That's what's wrong with this country these days."

Yeah, stereotyping someone because of the hats they wear is DEFINITELY what is wrong with our country today. Totally. You nailed it.

I don't wear flat brimmed hats because they don't fit my head and I think I look stupid. I don't think they look all that much better on 90% of other people either. But I don't care what you do. Just like you shouldn't care if someone else thinks you look stupid.

A bunch of cream puffs, we've become. That's what is wrong with this country!

This has been 1 of the funnier threads I've seen on this site! U young guys keep doin yer thing it's all good! When u get older you'll look back and laugh at how goofy u looked just like we do! Have u seen joe dirt? That thing on his head is what my generation thought was cool, business in front party in the back! What a bunch of dorks we were! Did u see anything about the disco 70's? That'll make u laugh! How bout those 60's hippies with their long hair, tie dye shirts, sandals and long ass hair! Trust me, when yer older you'll look back and laugh and you'll laugh at the new young guys. So just let the little stuff roll off like water on a ducks back! It's all good! :D

LAST EDITED ON Dec-11-14 AT 11:47PM (MST)[p]Don't you guys think that it's "normal" for us as people, to stereotype others as part of our human nature?

We are defensive in almost everything we do. We use judgement by what info is given to make decisions on lots of things but also on the strength and dimensions of those walls we all build around ourselves as protection. I could be wrong but i think everybody, minus the witless few, make judgements and stereotype others, on as much as a quick glance, much more often than they might realize.

edit: DW, great post BTW!

Joey

Not bad, mostly rain and work is way slow so i'm not out in it unless the phone rings! I just went out and we got 4" of settled snow, so far, from this afternoon on. Last night was a house shaker! Mother Nature was not a happy camper in these parts and lucky she just brought the rain along with that howling wind!

Joey

U can keep the wind but I hope we can squeeze some moisture out of it when it hits here sunday. We haven't had much snow yet.

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-11-14
>AT 02:04?PM (MST)

>
>Dicks!

When I first read your post, I figured you got confused and thought this thread was a Christmas wish list where members put what they wanted for Xmas!!! LOL!

Maybe this generation like the flat brimmed hats because tit requires too much work to shape a hat and it is just not worth the effort!

>Both my boys play a lot
>of baseball. Travel ball,
>high school, college. The
>younger one still plays.
>More flat brim than bent.
> Even my oldest sons
>college coach in Montana gave
>in his last year there.
> If you're still relating
>flat brims to gangsta rap
>you're more than likely outta
>touch with reality more than
>just on the hat issue.
>
>
>That milliniam group hoss refers to
>sure sounds like they were
>raised by the opportunity crowd!!!
>Lol!!!!

That session was kinda interesting, but yeah believe me(i am an older dad, i am 40 my oldest is 9,my twins are 4) it made you think a bunch about how my dumbazz generation is raising kids. Muley your a fun guy to argue with, I hope you had good seasons and santa brings you something in camo!!

I wanna say PUNK-ASS Hats!

Then did you Guys forget this?

5159image.jpg

I am thinking a couple guys on here should be wearing a tutu and a crown it has been good reading though I guess some people just has to create drama.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-14 AT 07:50AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-14 AT 07:49?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-14 AT 07:47?AM (MST)

Interesting!! I don't care personally how folks dress,gives me something to chuckle at.
The one guy had it close on the origin. Heard a talk from LEO teacher about the jailhouse/gang clothes merged onto the sports scene and is now what some folks wear.....flatbrim hats included.

Jailhouse clothes are what they give you and don't fit.
Bangers run their world inside and out and hence street clothes that don't fit.

Gangsta's get glorified and Mollywood co-ops it as does tv crowd, and the biggie,Sports figures(Primmadonnas like gang bosses),hence the clothes that don't fit.
Bring out the SuperBowl winners in the NEW OUT OF THE BOX HATS,that have flat brim over helmet hair and you have hats that don't fit!!!!!Flatbrims!

I think it's funny is all.
One of those hats would not stay on out side a city or car here in NM.......unless stapled.
That's were I see em most.....
with the ghetto monkey looking folks in Albacrackie....10x sports toggs w/shower shoes......in the middle of winter....with the flat hat over the ears.....

There was a time the only ones who wore flat-brimmed hats were punks. Those days are gone, but some of us still remember and it takes longer for us to get over it. I will never wear a flat-brimmed hat as I think they are ugly, but I've learned that my two boys really like them and as hard as I've tried they still like them, and I've realized that there are many more important things in my boys' life to be concerned, worried about then the shape of their hat.
BTW I'm 36 and my oldest is 13 and all he wears is flat-brimmed.

IMG_20140830_091018_040_zps8nk0j7pb.jpg

It is a 'punk' look, but doesnt mean that the person that is wearing it is a punk. its a fad, that mostly the younger generation has, we had ours when i was younger. its the same damn thing like the low wearing pants and all the others out there. Its a style and with that style is usually the younger generation and i guess if its you, then wear it.

All this talk about stereotyping... hell yeah it is, and its not whats wrong with our country today Aaron, you think stereotyping is something new? its been around from the beginning of time. Its a natural human response to stereotype. some may not vocalize it but its a normal feeling.

I have a 7 year old and im not going to like it but ill deal with it cuz its 'the new fad'

if you like it wear it, if you dont like the way people look at you when you wear it, dont wear it or ignore it.

Travis

>Or you could lie about killing
>an elk in Wyoming again
>

Youre funny. Takes a man to admit his childish mistakes and give an open apology to those he hardly knows I guess. Everyone has their bag of ##### I suppose I've grown up a good deal these past 3 years. Just hope your trucks not stuck some day in my neck of the woods ;)

>Why wear camo if youre not
>gonna wesr a camo hat??
>Especially bowhunting.

If your talking about my son, remember he is 13 and I subscribe to the theory that camo doesn't matter very much anyway, but I let him wear what he wants. The lack of a camo hat didn't make much difference at 33 yards on this buck.

For me Flat brim = Rolling coal = General D-bag = No respect.

Can I get my participation trophy now?

"I'm just looking for justice, a bit of that tit for tat, and to do it with some style a classic sense of panache"

We have a deal at my house. If we are going with the men, hunting, fishing, etc, NO FLATBRIMS. Any other time wear what you want.

The final part of the study my job did on millenials I left out because I was curious to see how this played out.

Millenials would rather be liked than respected, and not the gansta "respect", but real life respect. You can kind of see it with these younger guys. Its not a negetive or positive. My company did it because we had HUGE overturn with millenials and its expensive to train.
I work with them, and like I said they are pretty fun, the crap they do makes you shake your head. But to a man, they aren't interested in security, retirement, hell even salary, they want time off, fun at work. These guys make pretty good money, but live with mom and dad(deep into their 20's), drive crappy cars for the most part, but they rock $600 phones, are religious to the gym, use girls/women for entertainment(never understand why girls let it happen but maybe they are the same as the boys?) Seems like they are constantly broke(they have no bills). I realize a lot of the young dudes in here are going to be a little different, from what I can tell most of this generation doesn't hunt(too bad).

So basically these kids wear dumb hats to make other her dumb kids think theyre cool. Accurate? If you love hunting why dress like a punk? Why not dress like a normal dude that loves to hunt?

There is a practical side to these flat brimmed caps. If you had 2 of them and you crapped in one and covered it up with the other one you would have a better seal.

I'm so "mature" I've hunted in all kinds of hats. I had a blue denim cowboy hat that p!ssed my dad and his friend off so much they grabbed it during a pheasant hunt, flung it in the air and ventilated it for me w their shotguns. And they were not impressed w the long hair that was under that hat, either.

So now we have flat brims to ridicule, and I have done my share of that. But what if there were no hunters of the ages that sport the flat chapeaus? Hunting needs young blood to stay viable in this country. If it becomes the sport of Grandpas, hunting will likely die a political death; through gun legislation, (-) pressure by antis, loss of access, and attrition. Mule deer herds are shrinking due to poor "fawn recruitment," the same thing could happen to hunters and hunting.

So what if they wear silly hats, drink craft beer, text while hunting, get camo tattoos? Being stupid is essential to young adults, and we all did our share. At least they are hunting! I hope they keep on hunting.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-14 AT 03:57PM (MST)[p]I forgot to mention is that my Swaro 15's fit way better under a flatbrim than a bent brim. One more positive aspect about flat brim hats is that all you old farts daughters go crazy over them! :)

Now that is funny.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Flat Brim Hats are just not my thing I will admit.. Neither is a cowboy hat. I just like my ball cap bent brim hat. But I can relate to a similar parable that I catch a lot of crap over. "Music" I love the hard rock, Octane type stuff. People ask me how can you live the way you do and like hard rock, I live out in the sticks I own a horse I hunt and fish no tats or earings or any of that crap and people just think that's not what I should be listening to I cant stand country music but when people picture my kinda living that's what comes to mind. Sterotyping is nothing but Narrow minded. But hey if ya want to look stupid keep wearing a flat brim hat.. J/K Wear what ya want Haters are always going to Hate No matter what

Hossblur is absolutely right about the new generation the millenniums. I call them the trophy generation. Everyone is equal, no winners or losers and you deserve everything even if don't have to work for it. Some of the complaints that I read in the political forum is consistent with this thread. Everyone wants the same thing everyone else has without the work.

How many threads are a cat fight on resident vs non resident tag quotas. How many times do you hear that it isn't fair, I should get that tag, it's not fair you can buy a tag, it should be mine. Money shouldn't buy privilege.

There are winners and losers everyday in life, and if you are not teaching your kids that it will be a tough for them. I agree the hat doesn't make the man, but it is a statement when you wear it that way. Just like when you wear a cowboy hat and wranglers, your not displaying a image that you grew up in the inner city and are into skateboards and video games.

If you wear your hat flat brimmed with the sticker attached don't expect that folks won't associate that with others who wear the same style

Rich

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-14
>AT 03:57?PM (MST)

>
>I forgot to mention is that
>my Swaro 15's fit way
>better under a flatbrim than
>a bent brim. One more
>positive aspect about flat brim
>hats is that all you
>old farts daughters go crazy
>over them! :)

Probably the most legit argument I've heard with a flat bill lol. I found if I take my bent bill and rock it trucker style it works good too.

Coloradoboy

LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-14 AT 06:20PM (MST)[p]I'm just glad we live in a country that we can choose the style of hat to wear or not wear. Whether it be a flatty cowboy hat or whatever we need to be thankful we have the right to choose what style fit's our own personality. All the bickering shouldn't be towards each other, imagine if we focused the hate towards something that would actually be beneficial rather the flatty hat some choose to wear!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom