fleching tips needed.

StickFlinger

It always seems that one of my vanes comes loose after a few shots. I use an Arizona Eazyfletch. Am I applying too much glue, not enough? Any suggestions, whats your secerts.

I use a Bitzenbberger(sp?)and have never had a problem. I clean with rubbing alcohol then rub again with dry towel. Try to put enough glue to get a small bead on edge. I just wipe the bead smooth and a small amount on the leading tip. I use Goat Tuff glue and have never had a problem with them pullin loose even after shot through targets.

If you have arrows that have been "buffed" to a smooth finish you will have to give the glue something to stick to, either use a razor knife to scrape off the buffed finish or use something like an SOS pad or kitchen sponge, wrap it around the arrow and spin the arrow while moving the SOS pad up and down the shaft where you will be putting the fletching. This will create spiral scratches up and down the shaft that the glue will adhere to, I had to do this on Beman and Carbon Express shafts here lately.

As for gold tip arrows:
I haven't had any problems. After I cut my shafts I wash the carbon out with plain water. Than run them through a dry towel, ?I than hide the towel from my wife.? I have used blazer vanes and vantec vanes. I have never used any type of cleaner on my vanes just added glue let dry for a few seconds and wipe off the excess with a q-tip. I than add a touch of glue to front of fletch and rear of fletch and let dry overnight. ?I don't shoot my arrows through fletching tearing wiskerbiscuit devises either.? If I did I might add an arrow wrap.

I shoot aluim. XX75 I guess these ideas will work the same on them. Also I'm trying my hand at some dipped and painted arrows, the paint should be a rough enough surface for the glue to bond? I'll try these suggestions and see if I have any better results. Thanks

Anything bonding including paint needs a rough surface of some type even if micro in design.

You need to be using a cynoacrolite super glue such as goat tuff or tip grip, that will solve your problems!

I have used the ezfletch and haven't had the issue you described. Here are some steps I take:

1) I always use fletchtite and I start each year with a new tube
2) Clean the shaft (this of course would be non-dipped)with acetone and then make sure they have dried (doesn't take long
3) Make certain to leave the vanes on long enough to dry thoroughly
4) After the arrow is done, put a fine dot of fletchtite on the vane both front and rear and let that dry

Good luck and shoot straight

I just sent off for some Goat Tuff Glue. It sounds like I haven't put enough effort into cleaning the shafts. I have been putting a dot of glue at each end of the vanes. I'll give these suggestions a try. Thanks for the reponse. I drew a Az. Elk tag this year and I'm making up some special kill arrows.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom