Fletching glue?

Bman9900

What type of fletching glue do some of you guys recommend? I have tried several (Bohning Platinum?), but I am not really sold on one type. Any suggestions and recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

I've had best results with Powerbond and/or Loctite Super Glue gel.

My cyanoacralyte based glues used for fletching (Goat Tuff, Fletchtite, etc) are too brittle. They will hold for a little while but may break loose if you hit something hard.

The best thing you can do is to scuff the inside of the arrow shaft with a rifle brush or some sandpaper wrapped around a nail, then clean well with a Q-tip and some acetone or alcohol.

I quess it depends on what vanes you are using. When I switched to Blazer's I had some vanes fall off with super glues. Since I have used Goat Tuff with Blazers I haven't had one come off yet.

www.albinovest.com

I have used super glue which works great the only problem is the super glue is to thin and runs on the outside of the vanes. I also tried super glue gel which is a little better but I still prefer goat tuff for my number one choice.

I must have been drinking when I wrote that post. I was thinking you were wanting info about insert glue. My bad. For fletching glue, use Goat Tuff.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom