Florida

S

Slide

I just got back from Florida this last weekend and I was just curiuous does anyone here live in Fl.? I was down there for training and the weather was about 80 degrees everyday and no humidity. Just curious if anyone resides their. Oh yea I returned home to 18" of snow and temps. around 30 degrees, gosh it's good to be home.

Slide

I lived in South Florida for two years. I started sweating when I got off the plane and I stopped when I stepped off again in Utah. The humidity was too much for me! You must have been there on during a dry spell - because normally the humidity kills you. It was a nice contrast to a cold winter - I can remember one time during that two years when I thought, "Man, it would be nice to have a light jacket right now" It was 92 the next day. Also I was there for Hurricane Andrew. Amazing how a hurricane can make a long cold winter look very very appealing!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Roy, what did you hunt while you lived there? I assume Turkeys, Pigs maybe deer? Is there alot of public land there? I'm just curious and wanting to learn more thats all.

Thank you

Slide

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-07 AT 02:08PM (MST)[p]Slide - when I was there I was a Hunter and Fisher of Men! (See Jeremiah 16:16 and Matthew 4:19) I was a full time LDS missionary so I didn't get to hunt or fish at all, though I saw a lot of whitetail and turkey and I know they hunt a lot of feral pigs down there too, not to mention snakes and gators. There is a lot of public land in the Everglades and you can hunt there, but most of the good areas are on private land. Especially in northern Florida.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I lived in NW florida for 7 years, lifeguarded on the beaches for 2 of them. Bring on the humidity!!!! I hunted whitetail on the eglin AFB property, where the daily limit on deer was two a day. There were hogs, turkey, quail, and the ever present swamp lizard. Its been years since i was there but am planning on going back this may/june.

I live just north of West Palm Beach, It is not too humod down here right now, But come back in July or Aug, Holy cow. The fishing in May and June is great, There alot of hogs, few deer mostly north of here but a few, Chit load of snakes all kinds and plenty of gators. later Bill

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom