Fluid head for bogen legs?

nonet

I have a set of bogen legs and need a good fluid head for them. I'm tossing the pistol grip cause it is junk! It mostly will be used for my sts 80 swaro spotter. I have a Jim White pan head for my 15x56 on slick legs and love it, but its not enough for the big spotter. Any advice would be great. thx. If you could add price range that would be good too.

Bogen 3160 Fluid Head is a great head. You can only find it used. They no longer make the head. However, they can be had on ebay between $30-$60 bucks. I use one on my Slik 713 Pro and my Bogen 3001 BN. Nice fluid action and will hold your spotter just fine.

If you want the best ballhead on the market for the weight I'd look at a Markins Q3. The photography guys rave about it but it is quite expensive ($265 and that doesn't include a plate). It has one of the highest load to weight ratios available anywhere and only weighs about 0.7 lbs! I finally decided to invest in top of the line tripod/ballheads because I have had so many problems over the years with cheaper ones! I use mine year-round so they get hammered by use. I have researched ballheads for the past 2 months and Markins, Kirk, and Really Right Stuff ballheads are the cream of the crop.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom