Fly counts

goofyelk

Very Active Member
I had a long, interesting conversation with the DWR on the mountain Sunday.

One of the things I learned was they will be conducting fly counts of deer and elk begining soon depending on weather.

I will have an eye on the sky.
I know Nebo and Manti are on the list.
I'd say good news!

Many of the bucks have already dropped their antlers.

Some of the bigger bucks have been off for more than a week now.

I've seen smaller bucks the last 3 days in a row only packin 1 side.

Huh, ya many of the bucks have already dropped, but when the counts come out buck to doe ratio’s will be in the 20’s... ya right

Dropped antlers....no problem! These conducted fly counts are gonna count wieners. ;)
Geezus
Thanks for restoring my faith in their counting.
Other news.....
The expo date is set and will arrive on schedule

These fly counts are to help determine overall herd size.

Buck to doe classification are done in Nov/Dec during the rut.

And Some TARDS will get all excited because the Count in the Lower Country/Winter Range will Tally some Deer!

Not Near what there should be!

And a Good Percentage of them Deer Counted are on Private Property & they are NOT migrating back to the Mountain!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom