flying turkey mount

A

azbucksnbulls

Does anybody know of a taxidermist anywhere in the state of Arizona who would do a good quality flying turkey mount in the price range of $400?

$400 is cheap. i would be very worried if someone takes you up on it. Here in WI my taxi does great birds for about $500 and that is cheap(I can say that since I only have to have a Oscillated mounted). Do NOT use a fake head, do not skimp on the mount or you will be sorry. There are a lot more bad turkey mounts out there then bad deer(in my opinion) so get spend the extra and make sure to get it done perfect the first time.

How do you like these heads ?
3381img_7573.jpg

1957img_9146.jpg

2532img_8524.jpg

1227img_8523.jpg

And my wife is not looking forward to gettin my rio home from the taxi in a couple weeks because "thier head looks like a baboons a$$"? Thanks for the ammo, I will show her how bad it could be.

The birds look great! I actually still have to go get them also and a BC hunt this year will push it off a number of years. It or they will be strutting in the middle of my mount.
1266imgp1275.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jun-11-11 AT 11:45AM (MST)[p]>The birds look great! I
>actually still have to go
>get them also and a
>BC hunt this year will
>push it off a number
>of years. It or they
>will be strutting in the
>middle of my mount.

Be aware that ocellated's don't strut like the N. American turkey. I've seen them mounted strutting like ours and it's wrong. They don't drag their wings like ours, the show side wing is fanned out and the opposite side is vibrating in & out. Make sure your taxidermist knows this.
BTW; my ocellated heads are not freeze-dried, they are cast that I sculpted from real heads and I use the real beak incorporated into the cast. I have used freeze-dried ocellated heads before and they suck. There are fake ocellated heads that are commercially produced and sold through supply catalogs, but I'm not happy with those either.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/3685img_7651.jpg

there are a few guys that do good work in az for around 400 bucks but youre looking at a year+ return time with them, i guess ill bring it somewhere thatll do it in the 600 range

Those ocellated mounts are simply incredible. The labor alone on their heads must have been painstaking and time consuming. But the end result is truly remarkable. Beautiful work. Thanks for posting Glasseye.

Eldorado

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom