Fontenelle Fire (Western Wyoming)

mmwb

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-12 AT 12:48PM (MST)[p]Here is where the fire was at as of Tuesday the 3rd. You can see Big Piney directly to the east and Star Valley to the north west. It looks like the lion's share falls in area 143 for the deer hunters, with the southwestern tip in 135.

It is cooler and overcast today. Hopefully we'll get some good moisture over there...

8638ff_jpg.jpg

It was calm here, but we are in the valley and don't get wind like the rest of the state. We ended up with a good four hours or so of steady light rain. Per the radar, most of that should've continued across the mountain into the fire area. This morning it said 8% contained, and more recently 16% contained. A couple of more cool days would be great.

25% contained this morning. Cool and overcast today. A couple of more days of good weather and they might be able to get it under containment and let it burn out.

Thanks for the update.I almost wish they would just let it burn as long as no buildings are threatened.

>Thanks for the update.I almost wish
>they would just let it
>burn as long as no
>buildings are threatened.

+1

There were some cabins/houses and a campground in the line that they managed to save on Sunday with a sprinkler system, back fire and fire break. There are 886 firefighters on site and 59,000 acres have burned. It is 45% contained. I drove over to LaBarge Creek (as far as they were allowing us) and the boundary on the map is a bit off. I should have been able to see some of the burn, but the forest was fine. By the fire plume, it looks like its winding down, pending no high winds play in. It is Wyoming after all!

Looks like it could be on the old Joe Budd Ranch along south Piney Creek on the hillside and also across the road in what we called the "Fingers" and on down to North Mtn and Darby.

2668wyodar.jpg

Took this pictures back in the 90's from atop Snider Ridge looking north towards Darby Mtn & Fish Creek Mtn to the left and directly in front was North Mtn.
And most likely the fire is where I am taking this picture from too and over west and south some too I guess.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom