Food For Thought $$$

UTmonsterslayer

Here is something to chew on: How do you feel about the way the state of Utah manages our wildlife? Is it good, bad, somewhere in between? Well, regardless of what you think or how you feel, this is what you are paying for it; only counting the "Wildlife Coordinators".

What do you guys think?

$2,883,753 annually

Screenshot2012-01-11at100812PM.png

GEEZUS!

I'm applying for the job!

I swear to GAWD I'll do a Poor Job of managing Deer in Utah for that kinda money!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

LAST EDITED ON Jan-12-12 AT 11:46AM (MST)[p]In no way am I defending the salaries shown, but there is something that needs to be considered when looking at these.

Utahs right to know web site shows salary + total compensation package (i.e. benefits ect). I am a state employee and this is how the salary has shown up for the last year or so. Before that it just showed actual dollar amount earned. Mine shows I make appx. 20k more a year than I actually do. Just saying....

If you want to see something interesting look and see what some of our educators make!

I hope they're doing a bang-up job for that kind of money.
I have no problem with someone making money if they do a great job.
Zeke

PaleHorse,
Fair point, I will admit. I could be wrong, but aren't the benefits paid by taxpayers as well, and aren't these employees getting these benefits? I think there's a reason why it shows up this way and that is because we have a right to know how much we are compensating state employees.

I firmly believe that a job well-done deserves to be compensated well (I have no reason to believe that you are not in that category). My question is this; Based on the status and trends of our animals, do these people deserve this money/benefits?

I don't have any problem paying a decent salary to those who manage our wildlife, it's certainly a difficult and thankless job. Given that Utah's DWR has a smaller budget than most other western states, and the tremendous variety of wildlife both game and non game they have to contend with, I don't see it out of line. Sure, I agree if someone is not doing their job, take appropriate actions to resolve the issue.

If you want to go by the singular issue of declining mule deer numbers, then fire the entire staff's of all western states who manage mule deer, the numbers are down across the board.

www.unitedwildlifecooperative.org

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom