FOOD...

ras1954

ANY GOOD SPOTS TO EAT, AND HAVE A FEW COCKTAILS IN WINNEMUCCA, GOING TO BE THERE WEDNESDAY LAYING OVER HEADED TO IDAHO.RAS1954

My personal favorite is Ormacheas on hwy 95 just down from the Convention Center. Basque food that is awesome and the owners are great people. The Griddle for breakfast for sure.

STEVE, GOING AFTER WHITETAIL. WENT LAST YEAR HAD A GOOD TIME, CAME BACK WITH TWO BUCKS. HOPEFULLY THE WOLVES HAVENT DONE ANYMORE DAMAGE, IF SO I'LL TAKE CARE OF THAT.BOB...

+1 on Ormacheas and the Griddle. I just ate at Ormacheas on Friday night on our way through to a chukar tourney in Battle Mountain. Excellent!

Bigfly

495e731531222959.jpg

When you get back, post the pics Bob. If you don't know how, email them to me ([email protected]) and I'll get them on there for you. Have a good time. I hope you get a good buck or two and nail a few dogs as well. Drive safe.

Steve
T&A Inspector

THANKS GUYS FOR THE INPUT ON THE FOOD. JUST GOT BACK LAST NIGHT, LEFT WINNEMUCCA AT SIX YESTERDAY MORNING. LONG HAUL HOME,TOOK A LITTLE TIME GETTING OVER DONNER. WISZ, ENDED UP WITH THREE WHITEY BUCKS, ONE GOOD ONE, TWO AVERAGE. I ENDED UP WITH TAG SOUP. HAD THE CHANCE BUT THOSE WHITEY'S ARE SNEAKY S.O.B., HAD ONE 30 FT FROM ME, THAT I GRUNTED AND RATTLED IN, IT WAS A NICE BUCK. WE HAD A STARE DOWN HAD THE CHANCE AT A COUPLE SMALL ONES BUT PAST, MY BUD'S HAD TWO WOLVES IN FRONT OF THEM RUNNING DOWM THE ROAD. THEY WERE IN THE PICKUP. ANOTHER WOLF RIGHT AT CAMP. I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD GET HOOKED ON THOSE WHITEY'S BUT I DID, GOOD COUNTRY ALOT OF GAME. WHEN I FIGURE THIS PIC. DEAL OUT I'LL GET THEM TOO YOU...BOB..

Glad to hear you had a good trip, Bob. Too bad you didn't fill your tag. At least you saw a lot of game and had some close encounters. I think it might be fun to hunt whitetails but I'm not sure if I could stand hunt or sit in a blind for hours on end. You hear of guys bringing ipods or books...but is that really hunting or waiting for something to shoot? I don't know. I guess rattling and grunting them in would be cool. It's a proactive way to hunt them. Are they still doing work on Donner Pass? Hell, when we went to NV for early Muzzleloader they were working on it and that was 2 months ago. If you want you can email me pics to [email protected] and I can post em for you.

By the way, public or private land hunt?

Steve
"Get that corn out of my face"

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom