For the Bush bashers

I have no doubt there were scape goats this administration has herds of them. next you'll tell us the rats were trained pets and the mold was natures art, how does this take Bush off the hook?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-07 AT 01:23PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-07 AT 01:22?PM (MST)

The issue is not about the conditions in Walter Reed itself but rather the conditions of a building that the Military used to house veterans needing long term rehab.

The Chaplains explains that he didn't even know about building 18 being used to house troops. Somebody in the chain of command decided that it was acceptable to house soldiers in this building.

Whether the Chaplain believes relieving the CG, MG Weightman, was justified doesn't really matter. He was "THE" man with the responsibilty to know what was going on in his command.

There were many inaccuracies in the media and that is just the way it is. The media has not story if they point out it is one building out of 66, that doesn't make the news.

In the military they say: S&!T rolls down hill but resposibility rolls up hill. Commanders own their commands, when they are installed and accept the unit colors they own that unit. From Company level on up. I agree this General got caught in a bad situation and his boss should also resign but when you are in charge you have to take the good with the bad.

Nemont

I am in 100% full agreement with the Chaplain. However, facts have now surfaced that while the media did focus on Bldg 18, it was Bldg 40 that was in even more deploreable shape. I never felt that the Hospital at Walter Reed was in rampant disrepair and neglect.

Nobody commented weeks ago when I said, IAP is a 4 year old company that is currently contracted out for a higher price to replace military personnel for long-term care veterans maintenance and housing.

The founder and C.E.O. of IAP was previously employed by Halliburton prior to founding IAP. Instead of traditional military staff care for veterans the DOD is testing the outsoucing program.

Military personnel should be in charge of the care of veterans, not contractors like IAP. Veterans care should not be in the hands of some corporation. All in-service military personnel are the property of the U.S. government, as such it should be responsible for veteran care.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-07 AT 11:44PM (MST)[p]I have to agree with Forthewall, It was a better running operation when it was fully under the control of the military instead of a civilian company. The military has been doing this turning over of jobs to civilians for many years. Most of old vets remember doing K.P. duty as new grunts, but alot of this was farmed out to civilians in the 1970's on stateside posts.
They need to get back to vets taking care of vets, and if this is a drain on military personnel, inlarge the medical corps and the post engineer maintance staff to where there is enought personnel to get the right job done. We owe it to our military personnel to take care of them. This is not just a problem for the Dems. or GOP leaders, it is a job all of them need to see that it is done right. Both parties have to accept blame for this, and both parties need to put aside their rival feelings and make it right for our servicemen and women.

RELH

>This ought to shut the Bush
>bashers over Walter Ried. But
>will it...........no the haters will
>just keep on hating.
>
>
>http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/kallerson.asp

You don't really expect the traditional BUSH BASHERS to read anything that has an explanation or factual details included, do you?
You may have noticed the BASHERS start responding with the usual bull before they read anything. Maybe they just are not capable of comprehending this stuff?

TM

Facts are Facts Bush and his crew are big time mobsters, Our country is run by crooks period! [ both parties]

Trophymossback,

I think you should actually read this article, perhaps you could read the "Claim:" at the very top.

Please tell me where in this article a light is shined on the past 109th congress or our current administration regarding outsourced privatized veteran long term care at Walter Reed.

This article bashed the Bush administration for the wrongful termination of the Base Commander. BRAC and A-76 were both instituted 3 years ago and the effects of privatization for veteran long term care and housing.

I am amazed you wrote what you wrote without reading the article.
You are not helping your cause. Perhaps you feel the Chaplain is a liar, I think the Chaplain is right on the money.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom