Ford Meat Locker in Provo

JadgBob

Has anyone had experiences with the Ford Meat Locker in Provo? I was left with a couple of questions when I drove away so I went back the next day and the response I received to my questions has me a little concerned.

They do a decent job but are not the best at math. My daughter took four quarters of an antelope in for summer sausage and jerky (maybe 40-50 lbs including bones) and they charged her 450 dollars. She ended up with about 3x the amount of lbs she took in. Not sure why happened but she got two other hunters meat plus hers. But I can’t say they do a bad job.

Did You Wonder Who Got Shorted?:D

They Didn't Short Your Daughter Now Did They?:D

Maybe Somebody Decided They Didn't Want Their Meat after They Took It In?

They do a decent job but are not the best at math. My daughter took four quarters of an antelope in for summer sausage and jerky (maybe 40-50 lbs including bones) and they charged her 450 dollars. She ended up with about 3x the amount of lbs she took in. Not sure why happened but she got two other hunters meat plus hers. But I can’t say they do a bad job.

Took an elk in there last month to be made into summer sausage. They told me it takes 3 pounds of wet meat to make 1 pound of dry. Sounds like they did the math backwards on your daughters antelope.

Naaaaaaaa!

That's Where Some Of Your Meat Went!:D

RAZZIN of Course!:D

Took an elk in there last month to be made into summer sausage. They told me it takes 3 pounds of wet meat to make 1 pound of dry. Sounds like they did the math backwards on your daughters antelope.

Thank you for the feedback. No where to hang my deer and I didn't have time to cut up. I left my deer with them.

Still wondering what the concerns were?

I don’t use them anymore just because you aren’t getting your own meat back on jerky. But their jerky and summer sausage is really good. You just never know what kind of crap goes into it.

Last edited:
Hey Niller!

If You Get Back 3 Times The Amount Of Meat You Took in,You Might Could Say You Didn't Get Just 'Your' Meat Back!

Still wondering what the concerns were?

I don’t use them anymore just because you aren’t getting your own meat back on jerky. But their jerky and dinner sausage is really good. You just never know what kind of crap goes into it.

I took a deer there last year in October because Springville meats was full and couldn't take it. I told them to just jerkey it. They called me in January and said it was done. I told them to keep it who knows if it was my meat or where my meat had been all those months. The guy I talked to was very disrespectful and I would not recommend that place to anybody.

Maybe They Age Your Meat?:D

I took a deer there last year in October because Springville meats was full and couldn't take it. I told them to just jerkey it. They called me in January and said it was done. I told them to keep it who knows if it was my meat or where my meat had been all those months. The guy I talked to was very disrespectful and I would not recommend that place to anybody.

???

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom